What's new

T&H West Indian Limes

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The West Indian Limes was the first shaving cream I purchased, years ago, from Truefitt & Hill.
I immediately loved this wonderful cream.
And the cream "rewarded" me with fantastic shaves, every time.
However lately I haven't used this beauty any more, being so busy in testing new creams, from new brands.
This morning I went back to Truefitt & Hill W.I. Limes and rediscovered the pleasure of using it.
As I opened my bowl, I immediately gave a full sniff to the cream, still in perfect shape after many weeks of disuse.
And WOW!
The unique scent of this lime cream was so good!
The entire shaving process that followed was a true delight.
T&H West Indian Limes proved, once again, to offer a premium quality shave, being so moisturizing, rich and slick.
This is one of those products that will have a lifetime spot in my rotation.
It is truly deserved.

Last edited:
The quality is top notch for sure, but the scent just isn't for me. I'm not a huge lime fan in the first place, but this stuff smells like cleaner to me.

But it does out perform almost everything.

I love it, too. It's a wonderful cream.

I also use the WIL bath soap for my showers. The scent is not exactly the same; probably better, actually. This soap is really great.

For the life of me I don't know why they don't make shaving soaps in their wonderful scents. Maybe someday......

IMHO, this is a lovely cream. I have a lime shave with it once a week, followed by the T&H WIL ASB. My kids gave it to me. I find it is a nice luxurious cream with very good lather and a truly pleasant scent.

Enjoy your mini-trips to the islands:wink2:

I tried it for the first time last week and loved it. I have the ASB coming in the mail. I can't wait to use them together

I also use the WIL bath soap for my showers. The scent is not exactly the same; probably better, actually. This soap is really great.

Way better, imo. I love the scent of the bath soap, a/s balm and EdT, which are all pretty much identical to each other, according to my nose. For some reason, the shaving cream specimens I've come across (one sample and a full tub) lacked the zippy top notes, and seemed to emphasize the sweeter middle notes, which just don't do it for me. It's too bad, because if the scent of the cream matched the rest of the line, it would be a fantastic all-inclusive regimen. Maybe I need to try the cream again, given the positive response, but I was disappointed, at least by the scent. Performance was excellent, on a par with other T&H creams.

It was the first high-end (over $20) cream I ever bought (a year ago), and it is still my first round draft choice. I love Musgo, Speick, Proraso, Palmolive, Em's citrus, 1805 (or whateve year), but the one you bring up is the one I'd use if I was told I could only use one kind for the rest of time (the desert island shave cream). Makes me feel like James Bond about to don my tux and hop into the Aston Martin or whatever...

tried my sampler the other day - really did not like the smell. strange, as I love the smell of lime usually, but it had a fly/toilet spray aroma to it. real pity too as it was a fantastic shave - lathered beautifully and provided a glossy close shave.

now the Trafalgar sampler; what a fine smelling product.

Top Bottom