What's new

surfers unite.

$CNV00015.jpg

$CNV00016.jpg

as promised on my longboard at saunton sands :) about time got them to cd from 35mm

kiteing is big in the uk funny enough.. i guess im to lazy for that love longboarding and chilling.. its on the wish list for 2013 as im 29 then so its thing to do before im the big 30.. in town tomorrow will try and get my pics done:) if bank lets me after ebay haul :D

There is a kiting rental in Jamaica Bay, next to the very busy Belt Parkway that runs past JFK airport, through Queens and into Brooklyn. All the cars slow down to watch the pretty kites and cause some serious traffic jams. Maybe I'll give it a go!

Highly, highly recommended. Lessons are a must. I paid my local instructor $400 to become a kitesurfer, meaning used his gear and got his instruction until I was comfortable. I've grown up doing boardsports - surfing, skating, snowboarding - and was a collegiate athlete - point being I picked it up quick. Some take a bit longer...if you do give it a go, try to find someone who won't charge you "by the hour" - it could get VERY pricey.

It dose it would be different from the old land power kites used to have a flexifoil blaze :) any of those pics you?

$CNV00012.jpg
haha fyi i wear sunglasses for my headaches and eyesight

$CNV00001.jpg
$CNV00018.jpg

thats it sorry yea i love saunton sands its beautiful but bloody cold thats spring with 5/4 wetsuits on
the second pic in the corner that is my mates dewey :)

Last edited:
It dose it would be different from the old land power kites used to have a flexifoil blaze :) any of those pics you?

Yes, they are both me. Some guys still use those foil kites (great on snow) but they're very hard to relaunch in the water once they get wet. Kites with a bladder and a leading edge are more the norm and allow the ability to depower greatly - making the sport much more safe and widely accepted.

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing more pleasing than grabbing your stick and going out for a sesh in some head high, clean surf. We just get too much windslop around here which gives me the best of both worlds. Couple days of wind, and when it flops to offshore I get a day or two of clean surf. Heaven.

I wish I had some pics of me actually surfing. My g/f gets bored holding the camera while waiting for me to catch a ride. When I do catch a ride, she's got her nose buried in a book.

That was an old mate we took those cheap cameras use you under water :) that's why the quality is carp. Bless you should teach the lady to surf. Or grt one of those go pros ...

Ha! My old lady will never get on a board! I'm lucky that she goes for a swim once in awhile! Nice pics... I really wish we had long rides like those around here.

Sandy headed your way! We'll have some substantial NW winds this weekend from the west side of the circulation. Looking forward to a weekend of waves!! http://www.gulfster.com/home.html

Like that first shot. Looks like a left you could ride awhile!

YESSIR! We should have 2 days of solid wind behind a kite, with winds projected between 20-30 knots and overhead surf. When the wind flops offshore, I'll grab the stick and get some of the clean up...

Hope to have the GoPro more dialed in on shot direction. This was from the last storm that passed thru:

$GOPR0002.jpg

Bull you better put up some vids :) of the killer days surfing .
Ajax that's something is Saunton shame have not got any more pics for reasons unknown;)
Bull are you a bit of an adrenalin Junky..
If so you should come to The uk for some surf and kiting just bring a steamer coz its cold..

All time on the east coast of FL today. Look for South Beach photos rivaling October of 1991. We decided to stay this side with the local buoy at 7ft @ 8 seconds (The Canaveral buoy is 30 ft @ 14 seconds!!). Our little NW windswell session near Bonita Beach was cut short when my son took his board between the eyes. He's all better after taking a few stitches, but I have some ding repair to tend to.
proxy.php

You can easily see the nose crease there. Luckily for him, it is a pretty light glass job!

Ouch is all I can say.. glad the board was light Finish on the glass ..
Is your boy still riding those waves ?
Ding repair duct tape works for a wile

Top Bottom