What's new

Eclipse 4/8/24

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Only one album will do for today's observations...

proxy.php

Holding neighborhood "party" with Seestar S50 and a C4SE with Baaden filter...

Share your observations, thoughts, and images here! 😎 76% here, but 25% clouds. There will be clear spots, I am (reasonably sure). Will post pix later. 😉 Probably.

See you there! (on the dark side of the Moon, of course!)

AA

We're 96% where I'm at in Maine (just outside the "Total" path). Going to be part of the office crowd standing in the parking lot with weird looking glasses, occasionally looking up. Our turn happens around 3:30pm'ish Eastern Time Zone.

"Momma always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But, momma, that's where the fun is ..."

Bruce Springsteen - Blinded By The Light

In actuality, that is NOT where the fun is.
Don't stare at the sun, kids!!!! :nono:

None of the traffic issues happened that the DOT predicted. A couple places had some heavy traffic, but nothing over 20 minutes. All my neighbors stayed home and viewed the eclipse from their backyards. There was a lot of cheering and fireworks.

It was a bit strange when all the lights came on and then the sun came back out. The best way I can describe it for us was it looked like a sepia filter was on a camera lens for a while, then total darkness, then sepia and total light.

A neighbor had a spare pair of those special glasses and I got to see it. It got quite dark ... very eerie and our street lights actually came on at 3:00 PM. It was a relatively warm day - I was in a t-shirt an shorts - and the temperature dropped probably 10 degrees within minutes.
I didn't quite understand all the hoopla surrounding it but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Last edited:
My buddy lives in Kentucky near Evansville Indiana, people were coming to his town to experience the big Moon event.

In H/S use to cruise Hollweird Boulevard in my buddies 49 Dodge Panel truck, Dave there prankster use to open back door, Shooting the mon. No one came for mile to watch the event.

I think 2 parts. I'm probably not going to be able to see it again in my lifetime. Age has a price, such as any old gun, painting, jewelry or alcohol. Time can make things more valuable. I was very lucky to have clear skies, glasses, and totality. I'm a happy camper right now. If you had clear skies and got to see that,it was something special. Made a chart based on the biggest city in my state then edited the time it for my location. 20240408_144919.jpg

I was talking with a friend of mine that plays in a band, they had a viewing gig scheduled around Lake Erie. He said the bar was virtually empty as the media scared everyone into staying at home.

Something interesting as it relates to the eclipse is how it affected his guitar. He said they stopped playing at 3:00 and when they went back at 3:30 his guitar was out of tune. That rapid temperature change caused the difference and he had to retune before they started to play.

🤔 Only one album will do for today's observations...

proxy.php

Holding neighborhood "party" with Seestar S50 and a C4SE with Baaden filter...

Share your observations, thoughts, and images here! 😎 76% here, but 25% clouds. There will be clear spots, I am (reasonably sure). Will post pix later. 😉 Probably.

See you there! (on the dark side of the Moon, of course!)

AA

"No, there is another."

Top Bottom