What's new

Suggest a Must-Have Razor

Weber PH, Pearl Flexi, Gillette Fatboy, Slim or 109
I have no opinions on the other 4, but the Pearl Flexi is really nice. It didn't work well (for me) with a Feather blade, but it's excellent with an Astra SP.

Fully-machined brass, matte chrome plating, excellent non-slip handle, and a little razor stand is included. Rather heavy, but the balance is OK.

I think there's an open-comb version, as well.

Haha I’m biased but I would say “the buttah”. Haha.
I love my aristocrat, lambda athena, goodwill, too lazy usually to use my harner xhp straight.

But on any given day the one I still reach for which is also my most prized one is my hybrid tech. Just smooth easy to use and no fuss. And smooth as buttah :)

Not sure, you might want to list your specific razors. ..

BFX
Here's what I have in the rotation (versus a collector only):
1. Fatboy re-plated in rhodium.
2. Slim adj. all original.
3. Superspeed red tip.
4. Ranger.
5. Superspeed rocket.
6. Good Will with a custom handle, replated nickel.
6. Another Good Will with a tech handle. Re-plated in gold.
7. Feather popular.
8. Merkur Slant gold.
9. Some old Gillette OC ball-end re-plated in nickel that's aggressive as hell with modern blades. Nice looking though.
10. Henson mild.
11. Fine Accouterments. Looks goofy but a nice medium shaver IMHO.
12. Merkur nickel-plated 1905 OC (I think all of the current ones are chrome)
13. Rockwell 6C.

Then I have 6 other collectors I don't shave with, including a Superspeed still in the original package never opened.

Last edited:
A Leaf Thorn. Takes a half DE blade.

Leaf_.JPG

I already vintage, a slant bar, open comb, mild, aggressive, and adjustable. What's a must-have razor for the guy that has most of the boxes checked already?
I recommend that you try a vintage Schick injector and a vintage Single Edge such as a GEM or Ever Ready. Injectors and SEs have a totally different feel than DEs because of their thicker and more rigid blades. More like shaving with a straight razor, but not so scary and much easier to learn how to get a great shave.

Top Bottom