What's new

StubbleTrouble's Stumbly DE Journal

Haven't posted anything here in a while... Straights comprise my usual journey posts these days even though DE's are still a big part of my routine as time (and travel) often gets the best of me.

Today was a nice (but somewhat hurried) two-pass shave in the shower with an English Gillette Tech loaded with a Feather with one previous shave.

Two passes / Speick shave stick / Face lathered with my Omega Pro Boar.

Lovely, DFS outcome - I consider this to be an extremely efficient razor. There's a reason so many were manufactured.....

Thanks for reading!

Nearly 9 years since the last update!

Here's to a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon as the winter rain settles in, and all is OK. Hope everyone (newer folks as well as ones from 9 years ago) is doing well, too!

We've (SWMBO and yours truly) left New York behind since my last update to the journal and are now living in Toscana, land of the boar (cinghiale), which end up not only in your shave brush, but in your lawn, in the forest during hikes, and, in your pasta. 😋 Never fun to run into one in person, though.

My Str8 honing gear (and kitchen knife sharpening tools), most soaps, brushes, et cetera, are all in a storage container until I finally move in to my house, but I'm happily moving along with my daily drivers that I didn't ship in the container:

Whatever DE blade I grab, sourced from my trusty pelican case, Fatip Picolo head with aftermarket handle (it's heavy and gnarled, but I just don't remember the maker's name), Proraso (Omega Boar) brush and soap, Proraso green AS. I also use a Mühle badger brush quite often, the matching razor, 2011 R-41 a little less often. The Mühle brush finally shed a hair last week after at least 8 years of use. If that's not a positive, organic review, I don't know what is!

The boar brush has lost like five bristles a year, which is remarkable for such a cheap brush. It's damn near as old as my journal, so bravisimi to Omega, "The Famous Brush" is famous for a reason. They actually cost less than the Proraso A/S in the supermarket!!! All the RAD for what????

It is still such a pleasure to grab my go-to product (Proraso is still resoundingly my fav) in the supermarket! Soap, never more than 3€, A/S just over 5€, Cream 2 and change. The factory is only an hour or so from my digs, so maybe someday I'll see if I can visit.

I haven't honed a razor in ages now and hope I'll get my sea legs back when my stones are out of storage! Of course that's another journal.

I'll try and update more often as things continue to settle down here - Life is quite hectic at the moment, but in a good way!

Regards!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Nearly 9 years since the last update!

Here's to a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon as the winter rain settles in, and all is OK. Hope everyone (newer folks as well as ones from 9 years ago) is doing well, too!

We've (SWMBO and yours truly) left New York behind since my last update to the journal and are now living in Toscana, land of the boar (cinghiale), which end up not only in your shave brush, but in your lawn, in the forest during hikes, and, in your pasta. 😋 Never fun to run into one in person, though.

My Str8 honing gear (and kitchen knife sharpening tools), most soaps, brushes, et cetera, are all in a storage container until I finally move in to my house, but I'm happily moving along with my daily drivers that I didn't ship in the container:

Whatever DE blade I grab, sourced from my trusty pelican case, Fatip Picolo head with aftermarket handle (it's heavy and gnarled, but I just don't remember the maker's name), Proraso (Omega Boar) brush and soap, Proraso green AS. I also use a Mühle badger brush quite often, the matching razor, 2011 R-41 a little less often. The Mühle brush finally shed a hair last week after at least 8 years of use. If that's not a positive, organic review, I don't know what is!

The boar brush has lost like five bristles a year, which is remarkable for such a cheap brush. It's damn near as old as my journal, so bravisimi to Omega, "The Famous Brush" is famous for a reason. They actually cost less than the Proraso A/S in the supermarket!!! All the RAD for what????

It is still such a pleasure to grab my go-to product (Proraso is still resoundingly my fav) in the supermarket! Soap, never more than 3€, A/S just over 5€, Cream 2 and change. The factory is only an hour or so from my digs, so maybe someday I'll see if I can visit.

I haven't honed a razor in ages now and hope I'll get my sea legs back when my stones are out of storage! Of course that's another journal.

I'll try and update more often as things continue to settle down here - Life is quite hectic at the moment, but in a good way!

Regards!
Nice to meet you, sir. :)

Welcome back!

Good to see some old timers rediscovering the joys of hair removal!

I've been lurking here since 2006-ish, only wrote my first post in 2019!
Thanks! I was locked out of my account for a few years. That Tapatalk thing was a mess...

I enjoy shaving as much as ever, and HAVE to pay it back. It is truly one of life's biggest accomplishments to learn this thing.

Top Bottom