What's new

Straight Success!

Thought I'd add my first experience shaving my whole face with a straight! I've been shaving just my neck below the jawline (I've been wearing a beard), but since getting my razors nice and sharp I just couldn't wait any longer! I gave myself two small slices on the jawline, but I deserved them, I kept hitting the area and got careless... anyhow, I took some pics of the before and during... here goes!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

and my small cuts...:thumbup1:
proxy.php

It's far from BBS, but I enjoyed it (cuts and all!) and will be going back for more! :w00t:
Thanks for your time!

-Matt-

Ouch! Slow down, take it easy! It's better to leave some areas rough than to get a cut like that! I would say you should take a few days off to let the cut heal 100%. Put alcohol on it too.

Feels great doesn't it? Grats. The cuts will heal, the addiction will just get worse ;)

Just keep aiming for a cut free, comfortable shave and the elusive BBS will come on its own...in time.

Have fun!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Looks like a DFS to me:thumbup1: We are shaving with some manly
iron here, cuts and scars are part of the territory.:lol: Not some 5 bladed razor better suited to shaving SWMBO's pits and, ahem, unmentionables.

looks okay to me, a little neosporin and away you go. I managed a few of those myself so welcome to the club and soon you can start putting some of these issues away. Can't say forever but most of mine now seem to come when i am pushing for advancement and it helps me to quickly find what doesn't work.

Ian

Truth is, I've gotten MUCH worse cuts off my DE! These blades are sharp enough that the cuts didn't even sting (until I applied my aftershave!)! Because I'm making very deliberate strokes, I can clearly see what the cutting edge is doing, whereas with a DE or cartridge razor I'd just pull until it hurt. Now if (when) I cut myself, I can stop before it starts pulling my flesh back! That's a big plus, not to mention I enjoy the process!

BTW: I used 2 different razors during the shave, for comparison... and I prefer the larger one b/c I can feel its weight doing the work, rather than feeling the need to apply pressure. I thought it was just for looks, but the bigger blades are better for my face too, apparently!

-Matt-

Aiming for comfort rather than for closeness is a good tip while learning. Also, it is important to let the razor do its work. Pics look good, congrats.

Al raz.

That sounds like sound advice Alraz...I'll keep the comfort over closeness thing in mind next shave! Thanks for all the replies folks!

-Matt-

Top Bottom