Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Brush: Omega 10049
Cream: J.M. Fraser's
Razor: '55 Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
A/S: Dollar Tree Splash - Green / "Original"
Cologne / Fragrance: Old Spice (Vintage Shulton)

Tuesday

Brush: Omega 10049
A/S: Brut
Cologne / Fragrance: Brut

Wednesday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Aspen

Thursday

Cologne / Fragrance: Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Friday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Pour Homme

Mike

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Rudy With Shavemac Knot
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth, Prototype
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with my RR Stealth Slant, a prototype razor, with a Personna Medical Prep blade. Another excellent shave. Today’s brush was made by Rudy Vey and has a Shavemac D01 two band knot. This brush did a nice job of loading the bits of soap left in the puck. This was the 121st shave with the Williams soap. It is getting more difficult to load the soap since there is not much left to the puck. A perfect shave. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.

Friday
Pre-shave: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel /Cremo Sandalwood
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: Mama Bear’s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Alum/ Kiehl’s Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion/Floid Blue
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, April 26th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE, 50mm AC type with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, tame mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC for a reasonable price for a Stainless steel razor IMO. I like to use the Kai Captain Titian mild blades and it is the first AC SE razor for what ever reason I can get 8 decent shave with a AC blade, not sure why because using other razors like the Yaqi Excalibur I usually only get 6 shaves per Kai Titian pink or Schick proline blades. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain Mild (7) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity for a AC blade type IMO. One of the better performing AC blades I have used for longevity IMO.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" , very nice addictive enjoyable scented soap that turns my crank with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "mysterious space" 24mm timber wolf synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Great all a round shave brush for most of my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The dead sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus AC type razor with a Kai Captain mild blade.
SOTD April 26 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday, April 26, 2024.

Floïd oil preshave. Los jabones de Joserra, Stick note: Cream soap stick & Serum aftershave, Edicion especial 2024 Foro Sin Corte No hay Gloria. Yaqi, brown synthetic hair, barberpole handle. Mannos 14, Pablo Fuertes: custom barberpole scales Eau de Lacoste, L.12.12., EdT.

IMG_7301.jpeg

20240425_083043.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Preshave shower and soak with St Johns Vetiver Bar Soap
Brush Shavemac 24 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Soap Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge made by Valobra
Razor Fatboy settings 9, 7, and 5 W, X, and A the grain respectively
Blade Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (12)
splash Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Frag Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
DFS 9.8 no blood or drama. Minimal alum feedback and the splash went on great.

Three shaves this week. For once I have met my goal. We will see how the weekend pans out. I would like to use my RFB Rotbart Mond Extra and my first gen OC British Aristocrat. Both excellent shavers when dealing with a couple days growth. Today is Fatboy Friday so that is what I used starting high and adjusting down for each pass. My WR2 1.25 SB would have got me closer with less work, but, I would get at least one weeper if not more. The DO1 Two Band Silvertip had a touch of scritch today which it hasn't before. That was only on the initial face lathering and disappeared on the subsequent passes. I love this brush. I should have gotten this knot years ago. I paid more for less with my Morris & Fordran Heritage II Blonde Badger. When I run out of Valobra based Czech& Speake Oxford & Cambridge I will really be sad. At least I have four travel sized when the full size puck runs out. They are a pain so when it comes time I will probably shred and press them into my apothecary bowl or blue Old Spice mug. Fantastic lather again today. Also I have some Fine Classic to extend the scent at least. I think I am about out of the splash, of Lavender Pour Homme. I may have a backup bottle in one of my hoard of shaving supplies, but, I think I only found one when they were discontinued. I arrived late to the party with Fine. I don't know about any of the current scents with the exception of the aventus clone which I don't really care for. But I know I don't care for the croap base either so it is a moot point. Also I should mention St Johns Vetiver. I use this almost all the time for my face, hands, and body. Great stuff. There is another big Vetiver Bar soap I like, but, this one is best. I use the St Johns cologne with Martin de Candre Vetyver Shaving soap usually.

View attachment 1836119
Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Just saw one of those mini razors on EBay this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom