What's new

🏒 ⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” September 4th to 10th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️ 🥋

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023-09-10

Ikea Bowl ¤ Foroafeitado 2019 LE ¤ Leaf Twig-Thorn + Leaf
TOBS The St. James Collection Cream, Aftershave & Cologne

proxy.php

Sunday
Preshave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Minora Stainless
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Stirling Piacenza

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
SOC Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am using a different razor today: my U.K. Aristocrat which is loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. Today’s brush is a SOC boar brush. I find this brush to be unusual for a boar brush. It is thick and not as rigid as most boar brushes. It made plenty of lather for my four-pass face and two-pass head shave. This is the 218th shave with the MdC soap. My next soap will be one that doesn’t last this long! Have a great day.

Pre-Shave: GD “Spa”
Brush: DG B11, really great knot, in case you are wondering I got a Gold Extra Fine point paint pen
and on the 3 DG knots I have that are not in DG handles I put what knot is in the handle,
if I ever sold them it comes off completely with brake cleaner fluid.
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Soap: GD Luxury Kairos
Razor: WR2 Ti SB. 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Aftershave: GD Edel

💯🥇

IMG_3858.jpeg

Sample Sunday so….

SOTD: 09/10/2023

Razor: Fatip Lo Sorto “FOCS”
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Declaration Grooming Nightman
Aftershave: Old Spice Aftershave
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Scentless
Additional Care: Maggard’s Alum Block
Additional Care: Thayer’s Coconut WH
Fragrance: Guerlain Homme EdT
IMG_5888.jpeg

4.5 out of 5 stars, only because I managed to open up every “war wound” I sustained this week. Soap was amazing, has a Dr. Pepper/Root Beer vibe, this is going to be a tub purchase.

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (9,7,5 for passes)
Blade: Gillette Light Blue Platinum (1)
Brush: Wald A1
Preshave: PAA the Cube Mentholated
Soap: Rex Supply 1955
Aftershave: Rex Supply 1955 (bottle next to is me having mentholated it with crystals and Stirling drops), Nivea Sensitive Cool Shave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Its been a while since I used the Slim. It was a great of shaver as I remember using it, its a great razor, I really enjoy using it. I really do.

The Gillette Light Blue Platniums, well these are working really well for me, they are sharp and smooth, something I really like and need in a razor blade. I'll keep using these, trying them in different razor but thus far these are climbing my tier list, really enjoy them as they work great for me.

The Wald A1, finally got one and yea it was fun to use, it really was. What has been written about it, all of it, is quite true and has held up in my first time using it. It definetley is different than the Muhele STF 25 as it retains more water, has softer tips, splays easier, has more backbone (the Muhele STF 25 does have backbone as well) but the knot on this is just way more dense. Don't get me wrong I love my Muhele STF 25 but the Wald A1 is just a different and again this has been written about and what has been written is quite true. I need to dial in on it a bit more, the Wald A1, that is but the lather produced was great, very hydrated, it was fun to use. The only thing about the Wald A1 was the splaying, splays more naturally on my right side of my face (I am right handed) than my left even after being hydrated and producing lather. I will figure it out, I am sure I'll get feedback on it but regardless, fun brush, nice and I really enjoyed it.

The PAA Cube mentholated, nice to use in order to add menthol to a soap, which I felt like doing and worked quite well.

The Rex Supply 1955 soap works well for me as well, mentholated up it was quite enjoyable and the lather was great, as always.

The Rex Supply 1955 aftershave splash, I added menthol crystals and Stirling drops in order to give the splash more menthol, it worked out well, I also used some of the splash as normal but I enjoy doing things like this.

I used Alum Block, had very little feedback, and no irritation to skin so I was happy with it. I like the combo of Alum Block and then using Alcohol based splashes, in this case with menthol added, I enjoy it.

My 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero. Overall very terrific shave, very enjoyable, very happy with it. The Slim was fun to use after not having used it for a while, it really was, great reminder of how you like vintages and moderns.

20230910_180336.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom