What's new

SOTD November 8,2010 through November 14, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday shave!

Merkur HD and 7am blade (second and last)
G5 scuttle
Homemade preshave oil
AOS Lemon cream
C&E Best Badger

The great lather was not enough to offset the 7am blade. Personna tomorrow!

Sunday, November 14.

Hot shower
RB scuttle
RL Safari SS in Safari Pewter Mug
RL Safari Pewter Badger Brush
Gillette Red Tip razor
Super Iridium blade
GFT Eucris EdT

Very enjoyable shave with some of my favorites.

Enjoy your Sunday gentlemen,

Doug

Sunday, 14.Nov.2010

Predopobarba Proraso green
LiJün&1980 Finest Badger (2 band)
Benton Clay Lavender shaving soap
Mühle R89
Personna "Continente"
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Institut Karité baume Après Rasage Hydratant

proxy.php

Tried Benton Clay lavender shaving soap for the first time. It is a vegetable based soap, containing glycerin, with a very good lavender fragrance.The shaving was preety good, very close and with no irritation whatsoever. Although the lather was not a very thick one, it had very, very good glide. :thumbup1:

Today i decided to break in my new brushes. Soaked all and used each one twice. I did notice that there is a difference between the Semogue 830 and the SOC. Cant put my finger on it yet but there is a difference.
I really like TGN ST-A WOW. Luxurious! The regular st may still need breaking in.

I had Max hone up this Hijo. WOW What a blade. Just WOW!!!! Speachless! This and my first Real uberlather. Thank to Robert for talking me through it.

SRD Strop
MWF+TOBS St James+ Glycerin
TGN ST-A Brush
Hijo Toledo
Thayers witch hazel
skin food
TAOS Balm

Have a great day Men

Visually Stoned

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Razor: 6/8" Respecto #77, Hollow, Round Point
Brush: 24mm Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Überlather: TOBS Eaton College Collection Shave Creme+ Cella Shave soap + Glycerin
Astringent: Thayer's Witch hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
Post-Shave: Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-Free Moisturizer
Cologne: Penhaligon Racquets
Result: Since I am a visual person and relate to the spatial organization of objects in 3D space, I decided it was time to experiment with some stones to check what kind of edge they left behind (scratch marks, patterns, etc...). This will help me in my quest for that all elusive "perfect" edge. So, my Respecto was the perfect guinea pig (my first ever straight
proxy.php
). Rather than bore you to death with the mundane, you can read the details of the experiment here. So, now that I literally "see" the edge I get from a JNat, how's the shave? In a word, FABULOUS!!! I was flabbergasted when I witnessed with my own eyes the difference between a JNat edge and a CrOx edge...I am now an official believer in natural stones. The JNat edge that this Respecto received was nothing short of great...And it's all due to the stone as I don't think I am any good (yet) with these stones. I can only imagine the possibilities that will be revealed with enough practice...can't wait.

View attachment 132150

Have a relaxing Sunday gentlemen
proxy.php

Shower
Cella
1st use: Simpsons Commodore X1
Gillette New
NOS Gillette Thin blade

Tried to work with the NEW instead of thinking of it as a somewhat ineffectual SE; result was a really good 3 pass shave !

Chris, how is the Gold Dachs? Is it similar in performance to "Rivage" puck?

Josh,

The performance seems to be the same, which means it's very good. However, the scent is disappointing. The Sandalwood scent, if any, is very faint. Given the price, I think you're better off with the Rivage.

Sunday:

Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Omega Boar 10005
Soap: Williams
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic
EdT: Rive Gauche Pour Homme

Face:

• Proraso Pre Sensitive
  • Vulfix Grosvernor Mixed B/B
  • Crema da Barba Santa Maria Novella
  • Shumate 5/8 Barber Deluxe by W.D.
  • Gillette Slim Adj. + Astra SP
  • Alum block
  • Proraso Aftershave Balm

Head:

• Tabac
  • Headblade Sport + Atrac Plus
  • Proraso Aftershave Balm

Nice job! You should post more often in this thread :thumbup1:

Nice looking razor! NOS or new production?

Im not sure :blushing:

It came from Revisor in germany, which i had assumed were selling new production razors. from the fit and finish, i think it may be NOS.

Do you know what their doing out there? it may be worth an email to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom