What's new

🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓 SOTD “Food & Drink Week” August 28th - September 3rd, 2023 🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday SOTD
20230827_141839 (2).jpg

Razor: GEM Junior Bar/Elite Razor Turkish Walnut
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D4)
Brush: Omega 21713 Boar Brush
Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Kyovu Bay Rum (photo shows original but found the bay rum)

Citrus Week day 3!!!

SOTD: 08/30/2023

Razor: Rex Supply Co. Ambassador
Blade: Lord Silver Star, 2nd use
Brush: Rooney Style 3 Size 1 Pure
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Summer Break Cannonball!
Aftershave: Summer Break Cannonball!
Balm: Geo. F. Trumper Limes Skin Food
Additional Care: Maggard’s Alum Block
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled EdT
IMG_5813.jpeg

4.5 out of 5 stars

Out of all the razors I own this is the only one that always makes me nervous when I shave with it, I always feel like a nick or cut is one wrong move away from happening and the blade feel is borderline uncomfortable and I blame part of that on having too many razors that I don’t spend enough time with it to learn it well and I haven’t found the perfect blade for it, although the Sliver Star wasn’t bad just not ideal. Unlike last nights razor I like this one, no weird shaving angle, and the shaves are great, I just have to move a little slower than normal. As far as the soap it’s wonderful to use and the synthetic menthol in the soap and aftershave really kicks it up a notch. If you haven’t tried Summer Break soaps I highly recommend them.

SOTD AUGUST 30th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends

Lazy day around here. I ended up leaving the shave for the night. And it was good. Arko stick, the unfailing Green Cult 2.0 plate II, Semogue 1305, Gillette Silver Blue (4) and Pinaud VIBR. Bright!

Joining us on this journey is a wonderful duo: Bill Evan & Lee Konitz.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

9711872B-C0AF-47E1-AAEB-1BA415E4F59B.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

SOTD: 31st August 2023.

16.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF. (Tallow Version)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL. /Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A comfortable smooth shave to finish the end of my Chinese clone razor focus month off in style. 'The Fat' never fails to provide a superb slick protective lather.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Razor - Blutt Rasur BR-1 1.20mm
Blade - Gillette Platinum
Brush - Trotter Handcrafts Teal Glass
Software - Noble Otter Northern Elixir

I shaved this morning but it was a long and intolerable hot day. Had an amazingly smooth shave with this Blutt Rasur BR-1. The 1.20mm is their most aggressive razor, yet it shaved smooth and comfortable. There was quite a bit of usable range with this razor by just adjusting the angle and pressure. Use the weight of the razor and it will have very little blade feel and give you a socially acceptable shave. Add a tad of pressure and it will still be smooth, blade feel won’t increase much, but the shave will be close enough to leave blood spots.

The Noble Otter Northern Elixir has a decent amount of menthol, leaving my entire face feeling nice and cool. A very satisfying shave tonight.
B1E1E7B3-2412-4C02-86F1-56C5FEA2717F.jpeg

Thursday August 31, 2023.

Skin food limas de Geo F Trumper’s, pre shave. Declaration Grooming-Chatillon Lux Yuzu/ Rose/ Patchouli: Shaving soap and lotion aftershave. Pablo Fuertes, Custom Oister pearl kirinite by: a) handle of Pomo (knob), shaving brush, with Boti Two Band Badger Hair Knot 24 mm. b) Scales on Jose Monserrat Pou, Filarmonica 14, Doble Temple.
IMG_5596.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7064.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Rhino Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) France: Aftershave Balm Gillette Sensitive Skin Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

Thursday SOTD
View attachment 1710127

Razor: GEM Junior Bar/Elite Razor Turkish Walnut
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D4)
Brush: Omega 21713 Boar Brush
Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Kyovu Bay Rum (photo shows original but found the bay rum)
Very nice photo and shave gear. That Omega brush handle is sure different, not sure if it would collect a lot of soap residual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom