T&H 1/1
Jojoba Oil (as pre-shave)
Body Shop SC (old formula)
Aubrey City Rhythms AS
Nivea Sensitive PSB

proxy.php

:thumbup1:

And I still have a job. For now.

Hardware: Gillette gold ball-handled Tech w/Derby blade, White Fang (Superior 25mm SBB, aka, Hammer of the Gods, #1), Weller bowl.

Software: Dave's Mystic Orange Glycerin Preshave, The Body Shop SC (Old Formula), witch hazel, Lustray's Coachman AS, SCS Dagger EDT, Corn Huskers Lotion.

On a boring Monday with lots of new snow outside the windows, I decided to take my shave as a strole through some streets in London I like.

I started at Geo F. Trumper in Curzon Street, Mayfair, and went on to Jermyn Street. Here I passed all the wonderful shirtmakers displays to Taylor of Old Bond Street.

Round Davidoff's corner and down to the end of St. James's Street, where I entered Truefitt & Hill. On my way back along St. James's Street towards Piccadilly, I made a short visit at D.R. Harris & Co.

How much? Please don't ask, and I didn't even reach Penhaligon's in Burlington Arcade just at the other side of Piccadilly.

My Monday-shave:

Proraso pre-shave Cream
Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Soap

Proshave-scuttle (Danish Special)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Super/Silvertip Badger kost
Truefitt & Hill Wellington DE-razor
Feather (1)

D.R. Harris & Co Arlington After Shave Milk.

Unbelievable how one can be longing for at pint just by shaving...:001_unsur

Shaving travelogue - that's a cool idea! Great shave, too...!

• Rooney 1/1, Super
  • Tabac Shave Soap
  • Thiers Issard "Jaguar"
  • Italian Floid
  • Creed - Vintage Tabarome (Thanks Henry!!)

Flare-tip Rocket / Shark Stainless (day 1) / AOS Lemon SS / Thayer's / Aqua Velva Blue / Nivea ASB / L'Occitane Vetyver edt

MAN - that AOS is a great soap!

Barry

proxy.php

Monday morning:

Proraso Cutting Edge Cleansing Glycerin Bar
Proraso Greeen Tea and Aloe Pre-Shave
Swedish barberpole Matador De-Luxe w. Derby Extra (2)
Semogue 1305 boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aqua Velva
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

SOTD Monday February 22, 2010 - Happy Birthday George!

Today is Old timers day. Thought I would do it the old style to start off the week.

Razor: 5/8 Solingen Mehaz
Brush: Rubberset 200-5 Barber's Boar
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandelwood
Mug: Ceramic Clipper
ASB: T. N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandelwood

First shave with the Mehaz Straight (only second time using a straight) I was half way through the shave when I found the sweet angle. Nice shave, about the same as what I was getting with the Mach 3 but I didn't want to push it too far on the first time. I didn't get any nicks, cuts or irritation and the witch hazel and aftershave didn't burn at all. :biggrin:
Gentlemen I have been seduced by the wicked blade! :tongue_sm I think this style of shaving will become a regular part of my shaving ritual. Of course that means that I'll be spending rediculous amounts of money on better and nicer straight razors now! Please, somebody stop me!!!!:scared:

Last edited:
Monday:

Simpson Chubby 2 Super
Trumper Sandalwood soap
Muhle R89 with Super Iridium blade
D.R. Harris Pink AS; Clinique Post-Shave Healer
Creed Private Collection Tabarome

As many of you know I had to travel back to the US on very short notice (<5hrs) due to a family emergency. I've been in the US since 2 Feb and will be here until the first week in March. As I headed out the door I grabbed some of my absolute favorites:

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Tallow First) Shaving Soap
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT
GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
Simpsons T2 Tulip Two-Band Super Badger Shaving Brush
Simpsons CH1 Chubby Two-Band Super Badger Shaving Brush
Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Yellow) DE Blades
Merkur 37G Slant
Gillette A1 Diplomat

This is all I brought with me/have used since 2 Feb and will continue to use some combination of the above products until I return to Japan in March.

I previously posted a recycled SOTD Pic of these products (and will again below).

I just thought I'd share these facts (as I see them):

The shaves are fantastic and I'm not even remotely burned out on using the same items day after day. I get BBS and smell fantastic.

When you find a product or products that really work you'll know it. I hope everyone is lucky enough to find products that work for them as well as these work for me.

Todays SOTD:

Merkur 37G Slant | Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Yellow) | Simpsons T2 Tulip Two-Band Super Badger Shaving Brush
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet SS | Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet ASB | Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

The result:

100% BBS and smelling fantastic! :thumbsup:

#21 British Aristocrat
Gillette Swede, day 2
Rooney 1/2 Finest
DR Harris Marlborough
Shavex Alum
Tabac AS splash

First shave with the #21 'Crat. Amazing shaver...I think THIS is what I have been looking for...I had three days growth, and ended up mostly BBS with zero irritation. It was a very mild shave, yet did an awesome job. The #21 has some interesting audio feedback, lol...with the Swede, when it cust whiskers it sounds like the crunch that fresh snow makes when you walk through it...it rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom