proxy.php

Revisor 5/8 | PJ2 | SCS Austin Blend | Aqua Velva

EJ DE89L razor
UK Wilk blade
Semogue 2015 brush
TOBS avocado cream
Aubrey North Woods AS splash
Nivea Sensitive balm

1930's Gillette open comb ball handled New / Derby (5)
Semogue Excelsior Boar Hair Brush
Pirate's Cove "Bay Rum" Shave Soap
Proraso Aftershave Balm
Wild Country EDT

British Flare-tip Rocket / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (day 3) / Omega 30005 boar / AOS Lavender SS / Thayer's / Proraso AS / Proraso ASB / Trumper's Spanish Leather EDT

Excellent shave - the first with the AOS Lavender. I used the Lemon yesterday, and can report that these really are terrific soaps. The Omega boar is a lather machine - so far its better than the Semogue 1305, which is taking a LOOOONG time to break in.

Barry

Good day Sunday

Muhle R89 with Derby blade
Rooney 3/1 super
Cella shave soap
Proraso Dopobarba
J&J Purpose lotion
AoS Sandalwood cologne

Last edited:
Merkur Progress w/Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Black (day 2)
Omega 6225
Taylors Rose SC
Swiss Pitralon AS

for tomorrow: Czech & Speake No.88 EDT

Well, we often talk about what will we take when we have to travel. I figured it out real quick and went with one of my favorites. On Tuesday the 2nd I got a phone call that I needed to get back to the US ASAP for a family emergency. I was packed, out the door and on a plane in under 5 hours. I grabbed the items below and they have been my SOTD ever since and will be until I return to Japan around 3 March.

Traveling in style. I hope everything is okay back home.

Saturday

Hardware: Merkur 38c w/Derby blade, Black Tooth (Superior 25mm SBB) Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Mint Glycerin Preshave, Musgo Real SC, witch hazel, Aqua Velva AS, Corn Huskers

Sunday

Hardware: Gillette Super Speed w/Derby blade, Superior 22mm SBB, Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Mint Glycerin Preshave, Cella soap, witch hazel, Aqua Velva AS, Corn Huskers

Sunday Evening

Fatboy
Super Iridium
Omega 620 Silvertip
T&H Grafton / Tabac Superlather
TN Dickinsons WH
T&H Grafton ASB

I've gotten tired of taking pics of the same puck of soap, a/s, brush, scuttle, etc... and I don't polish I my razors, so they're rarely anything worth taking pictures of.

so I probably won't take another pic until I have something new to show (got a brush coming, and some soap (yay PIF and Paul). Expect those pics in a few days.

Today:
Genco, Rex, RBecker, Tabac, Nivea.

Getting a little better at the angle around my neck (also using a 2.5" straight vs my usual 3" ones helped). But I still am damn terrible with my left hand, making for a lil scratching along the right side of my throat. Maybe I'll start doing more stuff with my left hand to see if I can improve my dexterity with it.

• Merkur 40 w/Sharp Stainless
  • Savile Row 2824 Best
  • QED Tobacco Shaving Soap
  • QED Tobacco ASSC
  • Tobacco Kolonia Legitima 1800 Crusellas

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom