Not open for further replies.
SOTD Sunday April 25, 2010

Razor: 6/8 Abraham George
Soap: Williams
Mug: Vintage Old spice
Brush: Omega Boar
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Clasic Ice Blue

Didn't have a chance to shave this morning so did an evening shave. Couldn't believe how nice the 6/8 Abraham George was yesterday so wanted to try it again. Yep! It's as good as it was yesterday! :thumbup1:

Not very good at all and nothing like the Pinaud you have I suspect even though it's the only bayrum I've tried. If you want to try some, PM and I'll see if I can get a sample to you. You have been warned however.

Thanks for the offering Rocco, but in that case I think I'll pass :001_smile

Sunday 04-25-10. Sorry for the delay.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Myrsol emulsion - Semogue 830 - Gillette Rocket SSpeed Red - Super-Max Super Stainles #1 - Irish Moos SS - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Irish Moos.

proxy.php

listing 2 shaves here, one from 2 days ago & one from last week

shave #1:
tunes: 30 seconds to mars' "this is war"
* shower + face wash + warming cream
* t&h ultimate comfort pre-shave oil
* parker 22r w derby- 2nd run
* omega 63162 gray pure badger
* kiss my face key lime
* WTG WTG ATG plus touchups
* coral skin food + t&h ultimate comfort asb

***8 out of 10*** = i had about 5 days of growth so this made for a not very smooth shave. the kmf key lime smells great, has a great lather, and is the one of the few products i have that isnt a sample (granted i got this before samplemania 2010 expo. not too much to comment on this one, a good shave, just not a very smooth shave due to heavy growth i think.

shave #2:
tunes: john mayer's "where the light is"
* shower + face wash + warming cream
* coral skin food
* parker 22r w derby- 3rd run
* omega 63162 gray pure badger
* trumper's sandalwood
* WTG XTG ATG plus touchups
* trumpers sandalwood skin food +nivea asb
***8.5+ out of 10***

i hated the smell of tobs sandalwood so much that i gave it away. but the t&h version...mayday mayday, it is rated A for amazing. the lather explodes into something sensational. great cushion for the blade- i had ZERO red blood cells make an appearance the other night. as i lathered, the ghost of a dead character in one of louis lamour's novels appeared. he asked if i had any whiskey. i said no but after offered to go out after the great shave, he kicked me in the skins with his spurs and disappeared. still hurts. i guess he didnt like mayer’s cover of petty’s freefallin?

i would have scored this shave higher but it wasnt that close at all. i think i might be regressing in my blade angle placement and technique. my chin was awful, near my mouth too. so, this woulda been a 9 or higher except that i may have slacked a bit in the execution. great shave, great scent- i think this may be a tub i invest in. oh man. also- the sandalwood skin food was great but i dont know if it made that much difference. i liked the CSF as a preshave though. like chuck, gonna miss that when its gone.

Sunday Evening Shave

Mama Bear's "Northwoods" shave soap
Shavemac Custom D01 Silvertip
7 O"Clock PermaEdge (India) (4th day)
1955 Red Tip
WWR / CWR
Brut A/S & A/B

Prep: Hot shower, wash beard area with moisturizing conditioner
Razor: Merkur HD Classic
Blade: Personna Red
Brush: Tweezerman Pure Badger
Soap: Napa Soap (Ocean Blend, I believe it is)
AS: TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Nivea for Men Unscented AS Balm

alep soap
elitewoodcrafts brush
C&E sandalwood soap
gillette fat handle tech/wilkinson blade
alun stone
pierre cardin "pour monsieur"

music

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom