What's new

So I finally tried Pinaud Clubman........

I take no offense to anyone here. You guys can pick on me all you want. That is part of the fun of this forum. I like to pick on other people myself sometimes. If you are going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it too. I can never be mad at you guys. It's all in good sport. This was just a crazy turn of events that centered on clubman aftershave. I thought it deserved to be told here. I honestly meant no disrespect to the clubman fan club.

I did get two new bottles of captains choice in the mail yesterday. I didn't realize how much burn captains has compared to the other AS splashes I have tried. I love that burn. If you guys haven't tried captains choice yet, I highly recommend it. The scent is awesome and it finishes off a shave better than anything else I have tried so far.

Andy
If you like the burn of Captains Choice then you HAVE to try Clubman V.I. Bay Rum!:bayrum2:

Great story. I have had the opposite response from my female friends. In fact, yesterday I was out with some friends when one of the girls said "something smells really good," asked to smell me , and discerned that I was the good smell. My first completely unsolicited a/s compliment, very exciting. I am 26 and the girls I was with are all around the same age. Truly illustrates the YMMV rule

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
At some point in the future, some girl will smell a guy wearing Axe and tell him he smells like her Grandpa.
There are no "old man" smells, there are only old man smell memories.
She said that because the smell reminded her of someone she knew who was older, and who wore that type of scent.
If she hadn't there wouldn't be that association.
If you could wear an "old man" smelling scent in a foreign country where no one had ever smelled it before, no one would associate it with an aged elder.

Gentlemen! Gentlemen! There is no fighting in the war room!!

I love the passion we all have for our products. It's all so subjective, even if I disagree with someone, I am so happy they have their own item of passion, that's enough for me to relate to my brethren on the boards!

I am not surprised you got her number, either. When you go out in the world sporting a shave like we B&B men have, women won't stand a chance, regardless of fragrance flavor choices!

SOTD

Smells great! Feels Great!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, dont fill a cupped hand with the stuff! I like the smell. when people say it smells old, I say it smells nostalgic!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Aww man. You mean Axe will still be around? Lord take me now.

Axe was introduced in 1983.
That means the 20 year old who used it then is 49 today.
If he had a kid when he was 25, his kid is around 24 or so now.
so we already have the situation where the girl tells the guy "You smell like my Dad."
In 16 years, we will have the Grandpa scenario.

Last edited:
Bought a bottle because I was intrigued. Rubbed some on myself, liked it, then rubbed it on my three boys ages 13, 9 and 6. The poor wife never new what hit her when she jumped in the car with us to get to church.

Bought a bottle because I was intrigued. Rubbed some on myself, liked it, then rubbed it on my three boys ages 13, 9 and 6. The poor wife never new what hit her when she jumped in the car with us to get to church.

Well played Sir, well played indeed! :clap:

Luvmysuper makes a very good point with the axe reference. I can't stand axe either. I guess it would be fair to call bay rum an old man scent as well. I just love that stuff

First off, how did it spill all over the floor? Did you leave the cap off? Secondly, the story was funny & entertaining. Third, I'm 29 & I have gotten more compliments from when I wear Clubman than any other AS. My 12 year old little sister's favorite scent is Clubman. From her & her friends (12-14 years old) & women around my own age & younger, I've found I get more genuine compliments on Clubman, Brut & Old Spice. Three apparent "Old Man" scents. Everyone my age wears the exact same stuff, mostly Axe. I don't, thus I stand out a bit & most women seem to dig it. Unless you bathe in something, a scent isn't gonna make or break your night if you know what I mean.

Am I going to be the only one to point out that the Clubman didn't hurt his chances, even after she POINTED OUT that he smelled like an old man?! Who knows, maybe it helped? ;)

+1 for the Freudians! :001_tongu

Top Bottom