What's new

So, how many of you keep a beard? clean shaven? mustache? facial hair combo?

Your Facial Hair Style

• Clean Shaven

• Full beard

• Short trimmed beard

• Chin strap

• Goatee

• Full goatee

• Mustache

• Combo (mustache/beard, etc)

• Just Sideburns

• other (specify, if you want)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Short full goatee - On vacation ... I didn't shave for over a week & finally succumbed to SWMBO's demands & took a blade to the beard, leaving a goatee as a joke. ...

I had to double check to make sure I didn't post this...exact same thing here.

I shave every day. Even when I had a ponytail. I just feel odd if I don't and my job requires it. Personally I agree as we are a food store and I work around the loose fruit and veg.

I'm old school and shave everyday. On days off I shave later in the day but still go through the routine. Also as I work as an ambulance Tech it's easier for me to wash up at the end of the shift with just a 5 o'clock shadow rather than a full beard. However I do have some medium length side burns but these are kept grade 1 or 2 short with the clippers.

Short trimmed beard here. I use a beard trimmer to keep my beard short and till I discovered this forum I also used the trimmer to trim my neck and cheeks as close as I could. It wasn't the "cleanest" look, but electric and cartridges always cut up my neck if I wanted to get a clean shave.

Now I am using a Feather AC and hope to develop the skill to get a close shave on my neck (SAS, DFS) without cutting the skin there by just sticking to WTG. I noticed that the Feather AC doesn't have a problem cutting through longer hair. The shaved area on my cheeks is getting larger and larger. Before I know it I am going to end up with a full goatee if I don't watch it. :biggrin1:

I usually keep a chin strap. For a lot of people when they hit a certain age they want to look younger, I look younger then I am but I don't like it. I have a graying beard and some facial hair shows I am older. Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin so I skip at least 2 days before shaving again so it's not out of the ordinary for me to sport facial hair period.

Would I be correct in assuming what you gents are referring to as a "full goatee" is actually more commonly referred to in the past as a "Van Dyke?"

Full goat beard. I have had it for a while now. Thinking about going with a Zappa beard, but with a less Groucho-like mustache.

$frank-zappa.jpg

I usually keep a chin strap. For a lot of people when they hit a certain age they want to look younger, I look younger then I am but I don't like it. I have a graying beard and some facial hair shows I am older. Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin so I skip at least 2 days before shaving again so it's not out of the ordinary for me to sport facial hair period.

Props on that AV, i miss that show.

Would I be correct in assuming what you gents are referring to as a "full goatee" is actually more commonly referred to in the past as a "Van Dyke?"

Had to look up what the van dyke was, And yes. But i trim mine with the clippers (#2 guard) so it's not as long.

The only part of my facial hair that changes is my sideburns. The rest of me is always clean shaven, but my sideburns range from small to large and ferocious.

Every day shaver here. Although, if I could grow a full beard I'd try it. But, it just doesn't grow. I've had a goatee from time to time, but the cheeks and sideburns won't come in.

Top Bottom