What's new

small Stainless washers and new peening method

Dear Members,

I have not been a contributor to this page before because I haven’t really had anything to contribute but now I have something you will like and I think it is what everybody has been looking for (see pictures).

Number one, I have found some stainless washers that are small…

http://www.fastener-express.com/flat-washers-stainless-steel.aspx

When I first got them I thought ,no way but soon found…WAY!!

I also found the peening of these pins barbaric, in a way…thinking that there had to be a better way I started experimenting and was about to give up and looked on my wall in my shop and noticed an old engraving tool. Well it isn’t going to do any more engraving because after I ground the diamond tip off and rounded it slightly and polished it…I had my self a little rivit gun. Yeah …and it works really good, with the new washers too. The razor in the picture is using the new peening method and using a domed washer I made.

Also, I got a acrap of leather and glued it to a small piece of plywood and found that if you put a little Mothers on it; it will polish up pins and washers like you wouldn’t believe. (also see picture)

Looking forward to your feedback .

Feel free to email me.

Stingray

[email protected]

I think I might try that engraver peen idea. I get tired of peening so easily. I normally cut 30 or 40 little brass rods and clamp them in my vise and peen them in batches so when I repin a razor I'm halfway done. I like your idea better.

I think I might try that engraver peen idea. I get tired of peening so easily. I normally cut 30 or 40 little brass rods and clamp them in my vise and peen them in batches so when I repin a razor I'm halfway done. I like your idea better.

Yeah..I do the advanced peening too only I chuck it up in a drill chuck and put a washer on the piece and then can custom fit to the washer. Then I go ahead and polish it while in the chuck...Job half done at this point.:001_smile

For those that are wondering - here is a Globusmen that I unpinned and cleaned up.

I used these new stainless washers to re-pin it. I didn't want to risk unpinning the wedge and third pin for fear of breaking the scales.

As you can see - they match very closely. Much, much better than the ones from microfasteners.

proxy.php

Top Bottom