What's new

Slingshots

When I were a lad, the slingshot of choice was made from a wire coat hanger, much like this one:
proxy.php

The loops on the fork should make at least one twist around the arm to prevent them from opening.
All you needed to make it was a pair of lineman's pliers or needlenose pliers with a cutter.
The rubber band was typically a bunch of wide rubber bands daisy-chained together, for a long pull that did not stress the fork too much.
"Paper ammo"? Hah.
We cut the rest of the coat hanger into 2" lengths and bent them into a "U", therefore no need for a pouch. Fence staples are nice too.
Even so, nobody I know lost an eye.

The perfect design for office warfare.
Same here. Heavy gauge coat hangers, a pouch made from an old leather shoe tongue, and six wide rubber bands.

No one lost an eye, but one friend had his forehead split open from a rock fired out of one.

Lots of good latex and rubber on the market now. GZK, SimpleShot, Theraband and many tubes from Dankung. As for ammo, I mainly shoot 3/8" steel with my full sized frames and 1/4" steel with my smaller ones.

As for forks, I'm still making my own from naturals, mostly Oak and Maple from our backyard trees. Here are a few recent ones.

These 2 are in the last pic as well, currently soaking in Tung Oil.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And three in the works that will be finished this weekend.
proxy.php
Nice pickleforks. [emoji1360]

Top Bottom