What's new

Slickest Slithery Slippery Shave Cream?

Alpa Windsor is the slickest that I have ever tried. It is made in the Czech Republic and is pretty cheap if you find yourself in Prague.

0CC3B4ED-6A6E-48A3-BF2B-8C5C31734756.jpeg

Very few creams I've used don't have all the characteristics you've asked for. I agree with @musicman1951, lathered right most any cream will give u the desired results.
To add to the pot, my favorites Godrej red tube, la toja regular and Proraso blue.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Kapo Bulgarian Cream available on eBay is great and inexpensive. Palmolive cream is also a favorite inexpensive cream. Available on Amazon last time I checked.

Have seen anyone mention Sterling soaps. To me, they are very slick, but I have used any of the other soaps pr creams mentioned.

I can't remember using any cream (or soap, for that matter except for the crap that was/is Col Conk) that didn't have the characteristics the OP mentioned. The only difference for proper performance in any of the dozens I've used or dozen plus in my regular rotation is how much water is needed.

Any cream or soap if you mix a wetter lather. Shifting to wetter lather has significantly improved the quality of my shaves and blade longevity. Get your lather to the point where there is significant residual moisture after the shaving stroke. Lather should be almost but not quite runny. Specific to creams to date I've used LEA professional and menthol as well as Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose. All these plus my soaps are really slick with this method.

The slickest I have used is St. James of London. Wish it agreed with skin. Unfortunately, it causes bad irritation/burning.

The slickest product that works for my skin is MdC but that is a soap, not a cream.

Top Bottom