What's new

Sheraton Replate

Got my 1938 Sheraton back from Nick at Sport Shaving. Turnaround time from the time it arrived in Shreveport till it was mailed back to me was 24 days. Before and after photos:
IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1858.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That looks good Bruce. I have a user grade Senator I keep thinking about doing that to. Then it would become a Sheraton.

Forgot to mention, top two pics are before, but buffed up with Flitz. The gold was worn off at the corners, parts of the handle, and parts of the doors. Bottom two are after 18K replate. I own four razors, three of them replated, by separate shops. This was by far the fastest turnaround. I'm very pleased with the work.

Good golly that sure is pretty. I've always been partial to gold plated razors. I know nickel holds up so much better but man that gold just shines! Congrats on a quality replate job. I may have to contact this Nick fellow about a custom Cooncat Bob razor I never got plated.

I'm very pleased with it. At some point in the future, I will send my 1940s Aristocrat to Nick for the same 18K treatment. There's just something I like about shaving with a shiny new-looking razor. I respect those who keep theirs stock, but to me, it seems like I'm transported back in time to when some gentleman opened his brand new razor and tried it out. In this case, I'm in 1938, when my father was 14, and probably had yet to shave.

Top Bottom