What's new

Shea Moisture Ultimate Shave Brush at Target?

Sorry to revive an old thread (again), but this one seems to be stuck in my "New Posts" list. Hopefully this post will unstick it.

proxy.php

I've purchased three, and I have one that I haven't opened. I have one out for use if I want to use it, and one I have marked for travel and one still in the box. Did what I could to support such a product. :D

I used it for the last two shaves and I enjoyed it. Great little brush. I need to go get a couple of backups since there's only 1 Target within a 60 mile radius that has them.

I tried it, but it didn't work out for me. The pure badger tips irritated me too much, and face lathering with it made a mess--the hair was super springy. Bowl lathering with it was fun, but that's not my thing. I PIFed it to someone who PIFed it to someone who appreciated it, though. For the price, I like my VDH better, and my Omega 49 is way ahead of both of them.

These have such a good price that they make awesome starter wet shave gear for friends.

Also I think I may have found a target on the other side my city that has em in stock yet I haven't felt like driving the 40mins to check

Last edited:
They have a long loft on them, which can make them floppy. I almost always face lather, so I extend my fingertips over the handle and sort of squeeze the bristles to keep 'em from splaying out. It also makes it more precise for spots like the upper lip. I don't use it every day, but once in a while enjoy the scritchiness compared to my Simpsons. Certainly worth the 12 bucks, though ...

It lathers great. Often the only problem of these brushes is lather transfer, and prickliness for some.

Al raz.

Just used it......didn't suck. I like my AOS brush more, but this will get a lot of use. Def. a good idea for anyone looking to get into this without spending a boatload of money in the beginning.

I checked a couple of Targets around Nashville last weekend. 1 store was out of stock and the other store didn't even carry them.

I got mine about 2 months ago when I first started wet shaving. I have since also picked up a $10 Omega boar (10275) for face lathering. I keep looking at nicer brushes, but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger because these two do just fine for me. The Shea Moisture is my bowl-lathering cream brush, and the Omega my face-lathering soap brush.

Ive had mine in rotation for about a year. The other day the knot fell out of the handle. Same thing happened to a friend of mine recently.Reglued the knot and now is good to go. A nice brush for the money.
Today at target picked up a Vander Hagen set with the bowl,badger brush, soap and brush and razor stand for $20. Will be trying it out in the A.M. Seems to be a very nice set for the price point. Brush looks better than the Shay brush.

The $ 8.99 Shea Moisture 100% Badger Brush at Target ???

Being a new DE shaver I've got nothing to compare it to,but really like mine,getting killer lather and a close smooth shave,no complaints.

My local Target got in a fresh supply this week,grabbed another one to put away for backup

Top Bottom