What's new

Shea Moisture Ultimate Shave Brush at Target?

H

hokie123

I just ran across this brush at my local store outside Fort Worth, TX and purchased for $6.28 on clearance. This will be a great little brush to take on travel. Now my search begins for a medicine bottle to use as a travel container!

There was a thread around here that indicated adding an o-ring to the base of the brush to add a little backbone, and shorten the loft, of the brush. I tried it out and it works better that way.

Interesting that some Targets are moving them to Clearance; another location near my (SouthPoint Super Target, Durham) just added them recently. Been meaning to post this update, just hadn't gotten around to it.

Unfortunately, they're still selling it right next to latherless goo...

Just to bring this thread back to the forefront. In case some more newbies want to get one. I went to target a few weeks ago looking for the tweezerman brush since that one was listed on the website. They did not have the tweez so i grabbed one of these. What a great find. Now I ran accross this thread, looks like i did something right without even knowin it.
As a noob I dont have much to compare it too but its been working great for my 3 shaves so far, whips up my Bigeloraso nicely :001_smile
Im gonna try the O-ring mod tomorrow to see how it goes.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
This is a great brush for the money, comparing favorably with the chinese black badgers floating around ebay and on starshaving.com. I would say this is the ideal budget newbie brush.

Just picked one up today to try a brush for the first time (noob). We'll see how it works with the C.O. Bigelow cream I've been using for a couple of years (simply lathering with some water in the hands). I shave my face and head, so we'll see...

BTW, the Target in Flower Mound, TX had about 4-5 remaining after I purchased mine.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Oh, no comparison! Once you get the hang of face lathering with a brush, you will never want to apply cream with the hands again.

A

atomicfission92

Just picked one of these brushes up today at the Local Target. I searched about 3 of them and only 1 had them in stock. They had about 4 of them there so I picked what looked like the best one.

I soaked it for a bit when I get home and tried it with some Tabac and some Poraso Cream. Man does that cheap thing lather well. I may have to give it a go tomorrow instead of my Tweezerman.

Picked one up today at the local Target. Will give it a go tomorrow. They got a few more left. If it performs well, I might got pick up a couple more for backups. Now to get the O-rings.

OK, I gave it a whirl this morning. I'm new to the brush thing (joined the forum yesterday), but I was very impressed with the brush when used with C.O Bigelow (Proraso) shave cream. I used the brush on my face and head (I'm a head shaver) and was very pleased with the feel and results.

Cheers!

OK, I gave it a whirl this morning. I'm new to the brush thing (joined the forum yesterday), but I was very impressed with the brush when used with C.O Bigelow (Proraso) shave cream. I used the brush on my face and head (I'm a head shaver) and was very pleased with the feel and results.

Cheers!

You should try the O-Ring mod found earlier in the thread. I was using it like you for a few weeks and once i put the O-rings on it was like a different brush. Gave it some more backbone and whipped up the lather a little quicker.

You should try the O-Ring mod found earlier in the thread. I was using it like you for a few weeks and once i put the O-rings on it was like a different brush. Gave it some more backbone and whipped up the lather a little quicker.

I will be doing that today. I wanted to try it first without the O-ring mod so I could compare it before and after.

Cheers!

Ok I am going back and getting a couple more of these. WOW this thing lathers! Tried it earlier in evening but was in a rush so did a quick one lather mach3 shave. Couldn't resist so when I got back at night, I pulled out my VDH Deluxe soap and got to work. Had enough lather for like 10 passes in under a minute. I will definitely get the O-rings as this brush has already started to blossom after just 2 uses. Had about 5-7 hair fall out each time, will see how that goes over time. But all in all, I like this brush.

Last edited:
After a couple of days of use, I've only lost 4-5 hairs (none this morning). I tried it first without the O-ring mod, and added two 7/8" rings to it yesterday and tried it this morning. It's much stouter, and produced great lather with C.O. Bigelow cream. Definitely a keeper!

Cheers!

After a couple of days of use, I've only lost 4-5 hairs (none this morning). I tried it first without the O-ring mod, and added two 7/8" rings to it yesterday and tried it this morning. It's much stouter, and produced great lather with C.O. Bigelow cream. Definitely a keeper!

Cheers!

Glad to hear it.

There's been an update to our humble little brush! I picked one up at Target yesterday (SouthPoint Super Target, Durham) and it seems that the knot and the handle have been slightly tweaked. I'll post a picture later today, but the base of the handle is beveled and I think the loft might be shorter. I don't have a previous model anymore, so I'll try to get one for comparison (from the other Target that has had these for a while). I used it today, face-lathering Tabac, and it does the job just as well as the last one.

I did notice that the brush had more badger funk thank my last one when I washed it out.

There's been an update to our humble little brush! I picked one up at Target yesterday (SouthPoint Super Target, Durham) and it seems that the knot and the handle have been slightly tweaked. I'll post a picture later today, but the base of the handle is beveled and I think the loft might be shorter. I don't have a previous model anymore, so I'll try to get one for comparison (from the other Target that has had these for a while). I used it today, face-lathering Tabac, and it does the job just as well as the last one.

I did notice that the brush had more badger funk thank my last one when I washed it out.

I'll have to pull the one that I purchased out. I have one from January/February and I purchased another one about a month ago. I actually considered buying one more - to keep on hand for a PIF or something. I had used mine nearly every day from the end of January until a couple weeks ago. I have an Omega boar, but I like the Shea Moisture much better.

Might need to go get one (or two) more...

Still haven't tried the ring-mod yet, though.

Three Targets in RDU (Brier Creek, SouthPoint, South Square) have the brushes, all the "new version". So I can't make a comparison by anything but memory. Maybe one of the other guys who was picking them up back in the day has one...

Top Bottom