What's new

Shaving scents you wish didn't exist

Some shaving soaps have scents that are almost intoxicatingly great; for me, it's B&M's Lavanille.

What shaving soap has a scent that makes you gag? :a29:

I'm still trying to find one that bad... LOL
I did let B&M Leviathan go due to scent, but it wasn't terrible. Just not all that enjoyable.

La Toja smells like a dirty ashtray to me. Tabac is only slightly less offensive. I don't understand the tobacco/ashtray fascination.

Also, anything sweet smelling. Not flowery sweet, but sugary sweet. "Almond" scented anything is almost always too sweet for me. I just picked up some Stirling Barbershop and while it does have a hint of what I would call "barbershop," it's so sickly sweet that I can't stand it.

-Kesto

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Tabac's scent is based on the tobacco flower, not the leaf. There's a world of difference between the two.

I'm going to catch a lot of heck over this.....Bay Rum. I can't stand Bay Rum. Its a horrible scent that should have stayed put in the 1800's.

I purchased when i first started shaving...on ebay a barber shop scented hand made bar of shaving soap....and it actually smelt like vomit i kid you not...lathered nice...but that smell erghhhh..i messages the soap maker to let her know and she was experimenting with the colognes and aftershaves went to sniff the bar and said the exact same thing back to me it was meant to be a citrusy masculine strong smell...i could kinda get citrus but in a really bad way...some smells just...

Also as another person said...now i like clove types of bay rum...however i purchased a cake of col conk....and it smelt like a urinal...sorry to those who enjoy it lol just my nose ymmv

I'm going to catch a lot of heck over this.....Bay Rum. I can't stand Bay Rum. Its a horrible scent that should have stayed put in the 1800's.

I'll see your bay rum and raise you Sandalwood. I really dislike it as well. Ogallala bayrum sage and ceder is pretty good though.

I think my strongest negative reaction was to CFGs Sherlock. I've never smelled any of the "Redneck" style soaps that have scent profiles with motor oil and what not. That sounds disgusting. :)

I'll see your bay rum and raise you Sandalwood. I really dislike it as well. Ogallala bayrum sage and ceder is pretty good though.

Thank you! I thought it was going to be Wet Shaving Heresy, lol. I just don't like the scent of Sandalwood for some reason. It has a musty/funky odor that I can't get past.

I do like Bay Rum scents though. I like mine on the sweeter side.

Top Bottom