What's new

Need help for SV next purchase

I've a poor man of smell so cannot fully appreciate the different scents, but my favourite is cosmo.
I buy sv simply because I think they are outstanding soaps.
Smooth irritation free skin every time.

Opuntia smells a lot more like Nishane Hacivat than Aventus, at least to my nose. Of course, Hacivat is known to have been inspired by Aventus. But it's definitely its own scent.

SV offers a sampler pack of aftershaves where a body can get a pretty good idea of what their fragrances are like, if one doesn't wish to buy totally blind.
not familiar with the Nishane Hacivat
but the Homage vs a dup for sure to Aventus I reckon
so am curious now about that Nishane :) as anything in that scent family or type I tend to like :)

yeah the sample pack is a great way to smell all they also had a free code I found to mail it which was handy
and for me they are pretty much spot on with the soaps

Seems that 70th and Opuntia are favourites here. However, I'm now curious of Morado and Argania. I don't have any wood scent profile in my current soap rotation. I'm now thinking of filling that gap. How would you describe the scents of Morado and Argania?
I am no scent expert only what I read and try to think OK this must be what I smell and I either like or do not like

I love Bergamot
do not like sandalwood
but do like some other wood scents ?
Love Amber

Morado to me is more amber than wood and maybe not as complex or to say more simple I do not go WOW there is so much here so simple darker heavy maybe to say ? Again not good at this scent desc or knowing the correct terms :)

70th as example just has so much going on that all works together but is lighter and brighter

I can see morado being more a winter soap as some say but to me while the 70th opuntia is some say more a summer I find it great in winter as its just so nice unique smell :)
but I live in PHX and from Maui so my winter is not that harsh :)

I can say I am also lucky local store carries it so I can smell some of them and compare :) wish there were better shave shops to do this in more places ;) is fun to go in and sniff and buy :)

but again not a scent describer so much just simple guy I kinda know certain scents I like more than others only to guide me

not familiar with the Nishane Hacivat
but the Homage vs a dup for sure to Aventus I reckon
so am curious now about that Nishane :) as anything in that scent family or type I tend to like :)

I'm a self-avowed Aventus freak, owning both the real McCoy and a substantial number of clones. I don't like any of the inspired-bys as much, but they do get some use for variety.

Clone-wise, there is no better than Stirling's Executive Man EDT. It's the closest by far — smells 98% similar and 100% as good. When I don't expect anyone to ask how I smell so good, that's what I wear. When someone might ask, I go with the real thing so I can just give a one-word answer and not get into a rambling explanation of clones.

But, yeah, Opuntia to me is pretty much Hacivat.

I'm a self-avowed Aventus freak, owning both the real McCoy and a substantial number of clones. I don't like any of the inspired-bys as much, but they do get some use for variety.

Clone-wise, there is no better than Stirling's Executive Man EDT. It's the closest by far — smells 98% similar and 100% as good. When I don't expect anyone to ask how I smell so good, that's what I wear. When someone might ask, I go with the real thing so I can just give a one-word answer and not get into a rambling explanation of clones.

But, yeah, Opuntia to me is pretty much Hacivat.
Thanks good to know about the Opuntia and Hacivat
I had a sample of the stirling executive man soap was very nice smelling for sure kind of forgot it till now

how does the Executive Man EDT last and perform for you ? I know its always a touch dif on folks and some say it does not last ?

Another strong vote for Morado or Argania - i've only had or have Dolomiti and Desert Vetiver of the rest of the SV range, but Morado & Argania are way ahead of those two for me (in performance too, whether due to the argan oil or the morado and milk proteins).

I was planning to settle on just one as a permanent soap for my rotation... but reckon i'll have to keep both.

My first was a blind buy, Stella Alpina which I really don’t care for off the puck or lathered. There’s something in that version of the soap that throws the scent off from the aftershave which in contrast, is rather pleasant. I went through the sampler twice and landed on Felce. It would be my suggestion.

Have a SV brush being made but it’s been weeks. I am very patient and have plenty of brushes to hold me over, but very excited for this one.

Dolomiti 4.3

I have that one and like it too. I find it to be the most subtle fragrance they have. It's not as cologne-y as most of their other offerings.

Felce puts me in the mind of Silver Mountain Water, but better.

70th has an Acqua di Gio vibe.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My first was a blind buy, Stella Alpina which I really don’t care for off the puck or lathered. There’s something in that version of the soap that throws the scent off from the aftershave which in contrast, is rather pleasant. I went through the sampler twice and landed on Felce. It would be my suggestion.

Have a SV brush being made but it’s been weeks. I am very patient and have plenty of brushes to hold me over, but very excited for this one.
With this thread... and the recent brush activities around here, I ordered another SV brush, this time, in Rosewood with a gold crown..... It was supposed to ship the other day but FedEx tells me, there has been a delay in the shipment. Still, it's supposed to show up later this week. They really do make a lovely, though expensive, brush. I bought mine from their Italian site, as no one stocks the Rosewood handle. I don't own any of the absolute top badger brushes. I find, for me.... the SV is perfect for me: face feel, looks... I have a few others but the SV is the brush against which I measure all others.

My favorite is the Colonia that they make for Bullgoose, sold as Asylum/SV. Unfortunately, it appears to be gone. In that case, 70th Anniversary.

With this thread... and the recent brush activities around here, I ordered another SV brush, this time, in Rosewood with a gold crown..... It was supposed to ship the other day but FedEx tells me, there has been a delay in the shipment. Still, it's supposed to show up later this week. They really do make a lovely, though expensive, brush. I bought mine from their Italian site, as no one stocks the Rosewood handle. I don't own any of the absolute top badger brushes. I find, for me.... the SV is perfect for me: face feel, looks... I have a few others but the SV is the brush against which I measure all others.
My order for an SV brush was partially based on your positive experiences!

Top Bottom