What's new

Seasons Change... so do CCW Wardrobes

Im currently trying to phase out all of my holsters with anything but leather loops. All of my shirt’s get holes in them at the 4ish o’clock position from hard belt clips. Doesn’t matter if they’re steel or kydex, they all seem to wear holes in my shirts.
Yeah, I do the rubberized nylon web loops, 1) because they don't come loose in awkward or unexpected positions, and 2) yes, they're easier on clothing.

I can’t understand. The only sharp edge is the side of the rear sight. It’s a Trijicon for the 19, so is slightly larger than the stock rear sight. But it can’t explain the 2 holes.

I don’t think it’s the clips because the holes are 9 cm (4 inches I guess) from each other.

It’s common this problem? CCW is not common in my country, even more appendix carry. I’m perplex with this :/
I assume you're wearing the t-shirt against your skin, and tucked into your pants, behind the holster? if not, I'm not sure how you're getting holes in it.

find some velvet fabric and glue it to the inside of the holster using an upholstery glue. it will cover any rivets/grommets and give a better grip between the holster and anything you wear, keeping everything in place better. run a paper template first to lay down what you need around all the curves for the holster. I've got a Tier 1 also that I haven't done yet. it's a great holster, otherwise. no holes in my t-shirts yet but I rarely wear a base layer t-shirt when it's hot out. I'm not sure how you're achieving that.

tempImageLk5SOB.png

Last edited:
I assume you're wearing the t-shirt against your skin, and tucked into your pants, behind the holster? if not, I'm not sure how you're getting holes in it.
I don’t tuck in the shirt. Probably it’s the friction of the seat belt against the holster.
Unfortunately I didn’t manage how to CCW yet.

Any suggestions about how to use CCW with a suit?

When I’m driving, I pull my cover garment over and out of the lap belt to reduce wrinkles and a harder pull to clear it from the holster if I need to pull in the car.

Maybe pick up Tier 1’s clamping clips vs their belt loops and tuck in your dress shirt over the weapon/holster. I don’t have them, but have seen them reviewed on YouTube.

Or get a IWB/OWB holster to wear on your strong side like most standard carry with your coat as the cover garment.

If I was routinely in a suit/dress clothing and wanted to maintain appendix, I’d run a Crossbreed under the dress shirt. I have one for beltless shorts/pants and can stably carry a G43/G19 and spare mag easily. The 19 prints in thin t-shirts, but it’s fine with most any other shirt.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I mostly carry IWB at 4:30 which is a tad further back than most 4:00 carrier’s.

When driving, I’m pretty much leaning my back against it. I probably should take it out of the holster while in the car driving and stuff it between the passenger seat and front console grip up which would make it more accessible but also in view.

Probably would get tossed every which way in an accident. I’m perfectly ok with my LCP appendix, I’m somewhat ok appendix with the G43X and do not like appendix with a full sized pistol.

Crossdraw carry is ok for long trips while in the car, but I don’t want to get out of the car and conduct day to day stuff in crossdraw mode.

So I just ride with it at 4:30 up against the seat. I don’t want to injure a vertebrae in a fender bender with my back against a pistol,

But what is a growing concealed carry boy to do? :)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I probably should take it out of the holster while in the car driving and stuff it between the passenger seat and front console grip up which would make it more accessible but also in view.
Anyone here use one of the many versions of a dedicated car holster? I’ve see everything used from magnets to Velcro to attach them to parts of the drivers compartment.

Anyone here use one of the many versions of a dedicated car holster? I’ve see everything used from magnets to Velcro to attach them to parts of the drivers compartment.
I've got a holster loosely affixed between my driver's seat and console. it's friction fit vertically and tied off to my seat frame. it's up and accessible while driving, pushed down out of view (my state requires vehicle pistols to be concealed). and I don't need it stolen while I'm not in it.

it'll probably stay in place during a wreck. I don't trust the magnets outside of the closed console, and have seen some holster systems that clip onto and strap tension them to the trim below the steering wheel. they look secure and accessible enough, but advertise a pistol lives there when you're out of the vehicle. maybe that acts as a deterrent, maybe an invitation to see what's in there.

OkieStubble

I’m looking for a car holster that when I get in, I can just take my pistol out of the holster on my back hip and stick it in the car holster that would be more readily accessible.

Then when I get to my destination, I can transfer the pistol back to my hip before getting out of the car.

This would work for a dedicated carry gun, but sometimes I am carrying different guns.

I don’t tuck in the shirt. Probably it’s the friction of the seat belt against the holster.
Unfortunately I didn’t manage how to CCW yet.

Any suggestions about how to use CCW with a suit?
Suits are a bit different. If you don't have to look like Pierce Brosnan as 007, the tuckables work well. You may likely have a bit of extra cloth, where it's tucked in, but not horrible. Conversely, a tailor or seamstress can take up 2 or so inches of shirt tail on your carry side for a thoroughly crisp look.

I (almost always) prefer kydex, as it drags less. RCS Eidolon, Philster Enigma, Tenicor Velo, and C&G Covert are all excellent. I have not personally tried Philster, but have not heard any negative reports. C&G is the least "refined" of those listed.

I’m looking for a car holster that when I get in, I can just take my pistol out of the holster on my back hip and stick it in the car holster that would be more readily accessible.

Then when I get to my destination, I can transfer the pistol back to my hip before getting out of the car.

This would work for a dedicated carry gun, but sometimes I am carrying different guns.
The Titan gun safe is a classic secure style. Most of the off-body car "holsters" make me cringe.😜

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Suits are a bit different. If you don't have to look like Pierce Brosnan as 007, the tuckables work well. You may likely have a bit of extra cloth, where it's tucked in, but not horrible. Conversely, a tailor or seamstress can take up 2 or so inches of shirt tail on your carry side for a thoroughly crisp look.

I (almost always) prefer kydex, as it drags less. RCS Eidolon, Philster Enigma, Tenicor Velo, and C&G Covert are all excellent. I have not personally tried Philster, but have not heard any negative reports. C&G is the least "refined" of those listed.
I don’t know- probably wouldn’t mind looking like Brosnan.

Late to the party. In my direct and vicarious experience-it is simply a matter of time before daily CCW starts to wear on your clothes. Fabric weight, holster type/placement/attachment points, gun texture, sights etc are all in play. BUT sooner or later, your clothes know what you are doing.

I AIWB most of the time. My rear sight will ultimately wear on any under shirt. A kydex holster with a "full" guard less so and a leather holster with a "full" guard even less so.

In short, clothes, like shoes, socks and magazines are consumables. In the end, it is just the cost of doing business.

Re transfering a gun to a car "holster" from the body getting in and back to the body getting out strikes me as less than optimal re "forgetting" to put it back for real or just because you were running into the store etc.

Having said that, you could probably do far worse that super velcroing some type of polymer retention holster into a glove box/center console bin etc?

OkieStubble

Late to the party. In my direct and vicarious experience-it is simply a matter of time before daily CCW starts to wear on your clothes. Fabric weight, holster type/placement/attachment points, gun texture, sights etc are all in play. BUT sooner or later, your clothes know what you are doing.

I AIWB most of the time. My rear sight will ultimately wear on any under shirt. A kydex holster with a "full" guard less so and a leather holster with a "full" guard even less so.

In short, clothes, like shoes, socks and magazines are consumables. In the end, it is just the cost of doing business.

Re transfering a gun to a car "holster" from the body getting in and back to the body getting out strikes me as less than optimal re "forgetting" to put it back for real or just because you were running into the store etc.

Having said that, you could probably do far worse that super velcroing some type of polymer retention holster into a glove box/center console bin etc?

This makes sense to me.

Top Bottom