What's new

Seasons Change... so do CCW Wardrobes

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Linex on a pistol grip? I would like to see what that looks like! :)
Saw a Dodge Ram pickup truck a few weeks ago that had Linex as paint. Pretty tough, I’d wager

As to that clip, the one for the 43 should work for the 43X, right?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Saw a Dodge Ram pickup truck a few weeks ago that had Linex as paint. Pretty tough, I’d wager

As to that clip, the one for the 43 should work for the 43X, right?

I know a guy who did his truck the same way. It’s black with punisher skull head decals on the window. I think it makes him look immature and stupid with those stickers at his age, but the coating on his truck does make it look bomb proof. :)

Clip? Oh, the holster! Yes! It works for the 43x and 48 as well. Have you got your baby home yet? :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know a guy who did his truck the same way. It’s black with punisher skull head decals on the window. I think it makes him look immature and stupid with those stickers at his age, but the coating on his truck does make it look bomb proof. :)

Clip?
That Vanguard belt clip in the video.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Clip? Oh, the holster! Yes! It works for the 43x and 48 as well. Have you got your baby home yet? :)
Nah, had a few surprises and a hospital stay pop up. Should pick it up in a few weeks. Already looking at some TruGlo tritium sights for it. TruGlo is based just east of me in Richardson.

OkieStubble

Nah, had a few surprises and a hospital stay pop up. Should pick it up in a few weeks. Already looking at some TruGlo tritium sights for it. TruGlo is based just east of me in Richardson.

Does tru- glo have their own brick& mortar store?

OkieStubble

I carried my 43x all day yesterday and forgot I even had it on. :). I just bought some new gun leather for the 1911 and the .357 revolver, and as good as those look?

There isn’t another gun that gets carried on my hip more than that G43X. It’s just a perfect carry companion.

Like Jesus. Always right by your side, regardless if you know it or remember it. :)

I split carry time between a Sig P365 and a Glock 26. The P365 is slimmer, but I like the 26 more for some reason. Both are carried in DeSantis IWB holsters and conceal fine even under a t-shirt in the summer. Occasionally I carry the P365 in an Uncle Mikes ankle holster but that’s pretty rare.

My carry changes very little from season to season even in the midwest. I'd say the TLR1 stays on more in the winter as I'm typically carrying in a OWB holster since I have more clothing to conceal with, then in the spring and summer I switch it to strong side IWB and depending on time of day drop the light for a little more added comfort and smaller package. Either way its old faithful Glock 19. Although once I get some suppressor height backup irons on my Glock 22 to cowitness with the holosun 509t I may carry that larger kit in the winter when concealability is less of a issue.

Tru-glo TFO/TFX s are a "best-of" in my book. Other night sights are only marginally better than plain black in any sort of daylight for me. The old Ashley Express, with the epoxy-enamel painted around the trit were pretty darn good, but the new silicone dots, in either size, reflect far less ambient light than the old style.

Spencer Keepers turned me onto the TFOs years ago, and I haven't looked back. They now make a SP101 front sight...😉

OkieStubble

Tru-glo TFO/TFX s are a "best-of" in my book. Other night sights are only marginally better than plain black in any sort of daylight for me. The old Ashley Express, with the epoxy-enamel painted around the trit were pretty darn good, but the new silicone dots, in either size, reflect far less ambient light than the old style.

Spencer Keepers turned me onto the TFOs years ago, and I haven't looked back. They now make a SP101 front sight...😉

I wonder if their SP101 sight is steel? I finally just got around to purchasing the steel Meprolight front sight for my SP101 just last night. Now I’m wondering if the TFO is better? :)

I wonder if their SP101 sight is steel? I finally just got around to purchasing the steel Meprolight front sight for my SP101 just last night. Now I’m wondering if the TFO is better? :)
Yes 'tis(steel)! I have a pair awaiting the return of my SPs. I don't know about you, but in daylight, Mepro & Trijicon basically look almost gray, as the white ring around the green vial, set in black steel just doesn't "pop!"

OkieStubble

Yes 'tis(steel)! I have a pair awaiting the return of my SPs. I don't know about you, but in daylight, Mepro & Trijicon basically look almost gray, as the white ring around the green vial, set in black steel just doesn't "pop!"

Lol’d. ‘Tis true! :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just thought of something I never thought about. I don’t carry a wallet, but a money clip with slots for driver license and credit cards. Due to back problems, I carry it in my front pocket. It alternates between left and right side. Now that I think about it, maybe I should always carry it in the left front pocket. As a rightie, my gun will be on my right. If you’re pulled over and have to show ID, it might be better to keep the wallet on your weak side. No need adding extra tension to a traffic stop.

OkieStubble

I just thought of something I never thought about. I don’t carry a wallet, but a money clip with slots for driver license and credit cards. Due to back problems, I carry it in my front pocket. It alternates between left and right side. Now that I think about it, maybe I should always carry it in the left front pocket. As a rightie, my gun will be on my right. If you’re pulled over and have to show ID, it might be better to keep the wallet on your weak side. No need adding extra tension to a traffic stop.

Or… many states now, allow drivers to show pictures of their DL and insurance verification on their cell phones. The new law treats it the same as showing the actual identification. Get pulled over, have your phone all ready sitting on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel when the officer approaches. He will see it there before it is in your hand and then just tell him you keep pics on your phone.

That’s what everyone other then baby boomers do here. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Or… many states now, allow drivers to show pictures of their DL and insurance verification on their cell phones. The new law treats it the same as showing the actual identification. Get pulled over, have your phone all ready sitting on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel when the officer approaches. He will see it there before it is in your hand and then just tell him you keep pics on your phone.

That’s what everyone other then baby boomers do here. :)
Great advice. The job is stressful, I try not to add to that.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Speaking of wardrobe, is there anyone who makes t shirts that are extra long. By t shirt I mean as an undergarment. No matter what IWB holster I get, it would be nice to have a layer of cotton between me and the holster. It gets toasty down here. I could probably get 2XL, but those will be too big in shoulder and chest area.

OkieStubble

Speaking of wardrobe, is there anyone who makes t shirts that are extra long. By t shirt I mean as an undergarment. No matter what IWB holster I get, it would be nice to have a layer of cotton between me and the holster. It gets toasty down here. I could probably get 2XL, but those will be too big in shoulder and chest area.

It gets pretty hot, sticky and humid here in Okieland. I always wear a cotton undershirt and some type of light, printed button up over the top of my chosen gun.

With a proper fitting t-shirt and light woven button up, I stay cool enough and the t-shirt will prevent that gross feeling you get when you feel sweat dripping down your body without a t- shirt. :)

I will purchase T-shirts from brick and mortar’s before getting them online, because Like you, I don’t want it body hugging tight; and I also don’t want it, overly baggy and loose. As long as I have a receipt in hand from a brick & mortar, I can return them for a different size or different brand or a refund if I don’t like the fit.

Ideally, I look for single t-shirts which I can try on in the fitting room at the store. But even an open package of t-shirts can be returned with a receipt. I also like my undershirts to be long enough that when I tuck them into my pants, they are not too short where they will come out if I bend over or stretch and reach for something.

I am wearing a t-shirt and button up right now, trying to break in this new leather belt and gear. :)

4D260F55-1784-4AC1-A721-C51808D04667.jpeg

Top Bottom