What's new

Saponificio Varesino Table of Enthusiasts (SAVATE)

I am new to SV products. I ordered the version b4.3 Desert Vetiver. Besides a wonderful scent, it is the easiest lathering, thick luxurious and slick, with copious lather - enough for 3 passes easy - with only 15-20 swirls of the brush. Have to say it is the top performer of the soaps I've tried over the years. [emoji106][emoji106]
Here's how Barber Dave does it - perfection. I do it the exact same way:

With Manna now also available in aluminium edition, we're only missing Mirto in this edition.

Group photo
proxy.php

Count me in as a member of SAVATE! I’ve only recently gotten into SV, but it has rapidly become my favorite soap. The ones I have so far are Tundra Artica 4.3 Special Edition, Mirto de Sardegna, and I just ordered Stella Alpina based on a sample - I love the scent. What I love about the soap the most is its performance - the way it whips up a lather so effortlessly with my synthetic brush, and has a soothing and protective and slick feel, not to mention how protective and slick it is in actual shaving performance, nor the wonderful scents and the way the scents are blended so well. I have drastically reduced the number of different soaps I use after trying SV, and am not that excited about trying anything else, it is that good.

SV Saturday August 12, 2023
Brush: Semogue
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Razor: Henson AL13+++
Blade: Gillette Platinum

IMG_4853.jpg

Razor: Lambda Ares
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades (2)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA the Cube
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver After Shave

First time using Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Soap and Aftershave, it was terrific.

20230813_190204.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I'd like to think that, everyone who uses Saponificia Varesino, falls in love with their products. I personally, fell in love with their Opuntia collection. Those who appreciate Creed Aventus, will appreciate this collection I assure you.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And this is arriving today................

1692029807877.png

To be clear, it is a solid investment getting into SV products. But once you've tried them, your hooked for life. The performance is absolutely outstanding, and the scent profiles, are also top shelf quality. Just how many other brands can you name, that use parfume grade fragrances in their aftershave's? I can't think of a single one, but SV does.

The only knock I can give on SV, is it takes them forever to ship their products to my home, I am always guaranteed it taking half a month. If they could speed up their shipping and handling times, they would be an unstoppable force lol. Can't wait to try out this deodorant, and this is the perfect time for it too, because we've been dealing with heat waves, the sweating is real.

I'd like to think that, everyone who uses Saponificia Varesino, falls in love with their products. I personally, fell in love with their Opuntia collection. Those who appreciate Creed Aventus, will appreciate this collection I assure you.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And this is arriving today................

View attachment 1702182

To be clear, it is a solid investment getting into SV products. But once you've tried them, your hooked for life. The performance is absolutely outstanding, and the scent profiles, are also top shelf quality. Just how many other brands can you name, that use parfume grade fragrances in their aftershave's? I can't think of a single one, but SV does.

The only knock I can give on SV, is it takes them forever to ship their products to my home, I am always guaranteed it taking half a month. If they could speed up their shipping and handling times, they would be an unstoppable force lol. Can't wait to try out this deodorant, and this is the perfect time for it too, because we've been dealing with heat waves, the sweating is real.
When I ordered my first tub of SV it only took two business days for it to arrive in my mailbox! Of course I ordered it from topofthechain.ca and they're in the same province where I live so in that sense they're almost local.

I did sign up at the SV site and I received an email with a 10% off promo code for the Tundra Artica collection. At some point I think that scent will find its way into my den.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
When I ordered my first tub of SV it only took two business days for it to arrive in my mailbox! Of course I ordered it from topofthechain.ca and they're in the same province where I live so in that sense they're almost local.

I did sign up at the SV site and I received an email with a 10% off promo code for the Tundra Artica collection. At some point I think that scent will find its way into my den.

I've never ordered from Top Of The Chain, although I've heard of it. I am ordering from SV's website directly. Most folks buy products off of Amazon, ( I do as well for some things! ) but Amazon allows shady Chinese sellers who water down products, to increase profit margins. They also commonly sell used products as new, and re-sale return products that are defective. Why? Because they just don't care, they only care about profit, that is all.

So, while it really sucks that I have to wait half a month for products from buying from SV directly, I can at least insure that I am not being re-sold a used or return product, and I am sure that I am getting a full strength product, not a water down one. Now, thats not to say that there are not other sites that are legit, like you said, Top Of The Chain sounds legit from your description.

But unless a store is in my local area like it is for you, it won't be much faster. In my experience, a store has to be in my State, if I want it here in 1-day. Even if its a couple states away, it seems to take a good 2 to 3 days, 4 if you add the companies 1-day handling time. And if the store is on the other side of my country, I can expect it to take anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks.

I've never ordered from Top Of The Chain, although I've heard of it. I am ordering from SV's website directly. Most folks buy products off of Amazon, ( I do as well for some things! ) but Amazon allows shady Chinese sellers who water down products, to increase profit margins. They also commonly sell used products as new, and re-sale return products that are defective. Why? Because they just don't care, they only care about profit, that is all.

So, while it really sucks that I have to wait half a month for products from buying from SV directly, I can at least insure that I am not being re-sold a used or return product, and I am sure that I am getting a full strength product, not a water down one. Now, thats not to say that there are not other sites that are legit, like you said, Top Of The Chain sounds legit from your description.

But unless a store is in my local area like it is for you, it won't be much faster. In my experience, a store has to be in my State, if I want it here in 1-day. Even if its a couple states away, it seems to take a good 2 to 3 days, 4 if you add the companies 1-day handling time. And if the store is on the other side of my country, I can expect it to take anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks.
Those are great points!
Top of the Chain is one of three online retailers here in Canada that I order from with confidence. Fendrihan and Italian Barber are the others. They all offer free shipping which is a huge bonus for me.
South of the 49th I've ordered from Shave Nation and Southern Witchcrafts. Those orders take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. Both are really good companies but ordering from the States isn't something I can't sustain for two main reasons:
Currency Exchange and shipping costs are deal breakers for me.

I love the Morado, so decided to try another - the other being Desert Vetiver as recommended by Marco.

2x Desert Vetiver & 1x Morado arrived today - i'll add again that I ordered from Connaught Shaving who give free international shipping for orders above £60 (about $77), so that's why I went for 3 pucks shipped to me at Bangkok (Connaught have many others including Haslinger) so total is about $33 per SV puck with free shipping.

IMG_5429.jpg

i'll add again that I ordered from Connaught Shaving who give free international shipping for orders above £60 (about $77), so that's why I went for 3 pucks shipped to me at Bangkok (Connaught have many others including Haslinger) so total is about $33 per SV puck with free shipping.

ps i'll just add - that is excluding UK VAT. As I or you may be ordering outside UK then you don't pay the 20% (!!) vat rate.

Those are great points!
Top of the Chain is one of three online retailers here in Canada that I order from with confidence. Fendrihan and Italian Barber are the others. They all offer free shipping which is a huge bonus for me.
South of the 49th I've ordered from Shave Nation and Southern Witchcrafts. Those orders take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. Both are really good companies but ordering from the States isn't something I can't sustain for two main reasons:
Currency Exchange and shipping costs are deal breakers for me.

Top of the chain has always been great to deal with between them and Italian Barbour really are the two best Canadian sites for everything wet shaving. Fendrihan I will never mention....

Top Bottom