What's new

Saponificio Varesino Table of Enthusiasts (SAVATE)

Saponificio Varesino.
It's a 100% Italian gem, that now is going to be more and more known.
Let's post here your feedbacks, pictures, SOTD or whatever you like (or not) of Saponificio Varesino.
It's very hard to not love SV so don't be shy! :)

My point of view...

I can say that Saponificio Varesino is on the market since 70 years. Now it has a broad offer from shaving, skin care and body.

Wonderful soaps for your shaves.
World class scents, world class performance, world class ingredients, world class packaging, triple milled, respect for the environment. Nowadays is hard to believe all of this stuff in a single soap. Yes, it is!

What I personally like it?

They use fantastic ingredients
They are tested, respectful for the skin
Everything is environmental friendly
All vegetal ingredients (rare butters and oils)
Fantastic soaps on any details
Performance is slick good that you not even need an Aftershave
If you use the Aftershave, they are near miracles
Scents are complex and unique...
100% Italian. Sometimes is hard to not say that Italians do it better!! ;)

My actual Saponificio Varesino soaps. Thanks to Christmas 2015 and my wife... :)

proxy.php

Some body soaps we have at home

proxy.php

Great club! Once I try SV I'll probably end up here. Everyone says that the performance is excellent so I'm expecting to be impressed.

YOu will be for sure impressed from any of their soaps.
Please post also here your feedback, good to know between enthusiasts!

I'm going to buy the last one, the Tundra Artica and... man I feel complete now!
:)

I am currently 3017ing Dolomiti (since Nov 17 ), Efforless, creamy,protective & slick lather every time. It is a top tier soap for me and one which I will re-buy.

Hey Space boy how much soap is consumed since then?
Since they are triple milled my soaps seems to be ever lasting and kine seems also untouched despite many uses...

Hey Space boy how much soap is consumed since then?
Since they are triple milled my soaps seems to be ever lasting and kine seems also untouched despite many uses...

Well, since I use very dense brushes & load heavy my usage probably won't match yours, but I would say after 47 straight days I have about 1/4 left. At first I didn't notice much uaage, but as it soaked up more water I have noticed my usage go up.

I see.
That is probably because the soap goes softer with usage and storage.
Do you dry it before placing back in the den?

I have the 70th Anniversary Soap and it is an awesome product. Great lather, great scent. A real treasure...another gift from Italy to the world! A bit pricey...but worth every penny. We also have a few of their bath soaps...very nice products. Una buona rasatura è uno dei piaceri della vita.

Well, since I use very dense brushes & load heavy my usage probably won't match yours, but I would say after 47 straight days I have about 1/4 left. At first I didn't notice much uaage, but as it soaked up more water I have noticed my usage go up.
I leave the lid off my soap container after each shave to let it air dry.

Someone please push SV into selling the new barber's collection tins to non-barbers :p. I absolutely must have a Tundra Artica in the new tin format!

Someone please push SV into selling the new barber's collection tins to non-barbers :p. I absolutely must have a Tundra Artica in the new tin format!
According to thier facebook page, they will make a decision in January on making them available to non-barbers like us. I would think we will have to buy them filled. But that's fine with me. Just means I'll have 2 of each instead of 1.

Yesterday, I recieved the last two Saponificio Varesino soaps, and I'm very happy with them. Tundra Artica seems to have a very low scent. Is that what others with Tundra have? I'm hoping the aftershave is more strongly scented.

Colonia from Bullgoose is the other SV soap I have, and I'm very happy with it. SV Colonia is a much better Colonia clone than RazoRock XXX which seems to be a little artificial compared to SV Colonia. The other takeaway is that RR XXX is a croat while SV Colonia is a triple milled.

Here's all my saponificio Varesino soaps, all by themselves. They are waiting for thier complementing aftershaves now on there way from Italy to join them.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, I recieved the last two Saponificio Varesino soaps, and I'm very happy with them. Tundra Artica seems to have a very low scent. Is that what others with Tundra have? I'm hoping the aftershave is more strongly scented.

Colonia from Bullgoose is the other SV soap I have, and I'm very happy with it. SV Colonia is a much better Colonia clone than RazoRock XXX which seems to be a little artificial compared to SV Colonia. The other takeaway is that RR XXX is a croat while SV Colonia is a triple milled.

Here's all my saponificio Varesino soaps, all by themselves. They are waiting for thier complementing aftershaves now on there way from Italy to join them.

View attachment 627724

Beautiful grouping! Is there any one or two that stand out on the metric of slickness? I like super slick soaps.

Beautiful grouping! Is there any one or two that stand out on the metric of slickness? I like super slick soaps.
I haven't spent enough time with them yet, and was hoping I could pickup some insights from the more experienced here. I need to finish another project before I can start on these soaps.

I haven't spent enough time with them yet, and was hoping I could pickup some insights from the more experienced here. I need to finish another project before I can start on these soaps.

Darn! Thanks anyway. I'm still trying to figure out which one I should get based on slickness. I don't like to have more than one or two scents/formulas from each brand.

My wood bowl shipped 3 days ago and soap today! Can't wait!
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti is my favorite out of the six, and I'm sure you will like it. The scent doesn't seem as strong now after using it off and on, but still very nice. I hope the AS is stronger and longer lasting.

Top Bottom