What's new

Sandalwood recommendations for a well-read newbie

I have all the soaps you list. Just purchased DR Harris Marlborough and AOS Sandalwood in recent months. I will give you my impressions, YMMV.

For me AOS, MWF, and Haslinger are top performing soaps better than DR Harris and T&H (soaps).

Haslinger, Marlborough and T&H are lightly scented, MWF has a medium scent strength of Lavender, woodsy and peppery notes, and AOS is heavier scented.

AOS, MWF, and Haslinger are great if you have dry skin.

I have dry skin and stay away from after shaves with alcohol.

There is a vendor that sells AOS Sandalwood on Ebay (USA), from Brooklyn, NY that ships to Sweden. $35 for 3 pucks, $22 for shipping to Sweden. That's $19 a puck shipped. Not a bad price. Product and shipping was top notch.

YMMV, good luck!

The vendor I spoke of in the prior post is offering the old tallow formulation of the AOS Sandalwood. The puck was plastic wrapped and full strength.

You might try and purchase refill soap pucks to save some cash. There seems to be an endless supply of nice soap containers of all types available at thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales for a $1-$2.

Proraso Sandalwood is a dark, earthy Sandalwood on the other end of the spectrum from the light, sweet sandalwood available from TOBS. The AOS scent is not as sweet as TOBS but not as dark and earthy as Proraso, a mix the two in scent types.

Top Bottom