What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I like to believe that they are variations on a theme with the case multi purposed .The case is probably made in England and the did Brits did ship razors to France and Canada . Congrats on your Canadian Touriste it is a beautiful razor .

Glenn

Thank you, sir! I beyond tickled to have it. :) And I love a good mystery :lol:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Woooo. That's nice!!!!
Thank you, Adam!

I got a six pack today!
My RAD is well and healthy!
1920s Old Type Ball End
1953 Y2 40s Style Super Speed
Ball End Tech - Made in Canada
1957 C1 Flare Tip Super Speed
1930s Goodwill
1930s Tech Fat Handle
View attachment 761690
That is one heck of a score! Congrats!
VERY Nice. I hope to get a set like this someday!
Thanks, man! I know you will!

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It's a bit of a mystery but I'm excited to have it! (warning... picture heavy)
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Coolest brush I've seen...
proxy.php

proxy.php

And it appears to be Canadian...
proxy.php

All cleaned up! Lexol for the case and Nevr-dull for the razor...
proxy.php

So... Anybody have any insight into this enigma? I cannot find any information on this set at all other that the previously mentioned Canadian razor
(S/N BC 152355) and it came out of France. HELP! :)

Impressive, simply impressive score! Congrats! and nice clean up too!

Gillette ways were... as they were... so it's quite possible it's another variation indeed. Anyhow it's a wonderful set.

Of course, sir, I'm green with envy...

I am new to the world of shaving elite and only own a muhle r89 and I am kind of happy with it but i feels like I could get a closer shave (and i only shave my head, beard with handlebar ftw). But I found a DE for sale on a local website and I think it is a tech set no27. Please correct me if I am wrong. It has never been used, the head is still in the plastic. Sadly no cardboard box. Can someone please confirm what kind of razor it is? Is it wort keeping in plastic (value?) since I want to try another DE but if there is any kind of value to this one I sadly need money.

Attachments

• IMG_20170216_165143.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170216_165921.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I am new to the world of shaving elite and only own a muhle r89 and I am kind of happy with it but i feels like I could get a closer shave (and i only shave my head, beard with handlebar ftw). But I found a DE for sale on a local website and I think it is a tech set no27. Please correct me if I am wrong. It has never been used, the head is still in the plastic. Sadly no cardboard box. Can someone please confirm what kind of razor it is? Is it wort keeping in plastic (value?) since I want to try another DE but if there is any kind of value to this one I sadly need money.
We are not allowed to discuss value here, Luukii. I will say it looks like a nice set to me. Good pick up, for sure.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We are not allowed to discuss value here, Luukii. I will say it looks like a nice set to me. Good pick up, for sure.

Kindly,
Adam

Okay, I did not know that. Then I will rephrase, is it worth taking out of the plastic to take a shave with it or should I treat it like a collectible? Is the value on taboo on sections of B&B or could a kind soul with experience ballpark value in PM to me? Sorry if I am acting like a jerk.

Friendly regards Lukas

Okay, I did not know that. Then I will rephrase, is it worth taking out of the plastic to take a shave with it or should I treat it like a collectible? Is the value on taboo on sections of B&B or could a kind soul with experience ballpark value in PM to me? Sorry if I am acting like a jerk.

Friendly regards Lukas

Yup, a Tech set #27. Keeping it as it is will keep its value.... but.... what's more delightful than using a vintage razor for the very first time yourself?:lol1::whistling:

Do what you fancy and enjoy! It's a tool, not a Rembrandt...

Does the Cooper take standard blades?

That Rocnel handle would look good on a pre-war Tech, just ditch that head!!! :w00t:
As far as I can see, yes, this model takes standard DE blades.

I'll definitely try it with my pre-war English FB Tech ;)

As for Rocnel head - heard it is a good shaver ;)

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

Friendly regards Lukas
No problem. Your best bet would be to check the completed listings on sales or auction sites. Razors have no set value. It's all in what someone is willing to pay for one. Like Useless Shaver said, things are always worth more in the package.

Kindly,
Adam

No problem. Your best bet would be to check the completed listings on sales or auction sites. Razors have no set value. It's all in what someone is willing to pay for one. Like Useless Shaver said, things are always worth more in the package.

Kindly,
Adam

Thanks for the answer. I think I will keep it on a shelf since it's never used and it is fascinating that somerhing from 1948 haven't been used. It is also an excuse to try and find a vintage gilette for use, when I get the funds to do it.

Don't know why this stuff is so fascinating :)

Top Bottom