What's new

Rugby WOrld Cup 2015?

Scotland crushing the Japanese, 5 tries.
Not used to them scoring tries. Must have all eaten their Scott's Porage Oats and drank all the Irn Bru in Gloucester.

Don't know about the Irn Brew but the Jocks were still drinking all our beer late into the evening!

Gareth

Weyhey! My lot Wales have just beaten England at Twickers even with several of the Welsh team stretchered off!

Gareth

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
England out after losing to Australia. Wow that's a good team out and the host nation at that.

The All Blacks have had a soft entry and have already progressed though. They may be though but have not shown anything that looks like they can take the cup. Pros and cons to having a easy pool.

Japan beat Samoa and Japan still have a chance of going though. They need to beat the USA to go through.
I think that will be a good game to watch.............go the Brave Blossoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to progress, I think Japan will need to beat USA and Scotland lose to Samoa.
Based on the number of mistakes Scotland made against RSA that may very well happen.

Only England could manager that. First host nation ever to not progress to the 2nd round........... and since Canada have no chance, that leaves me hoping Japan beat the USA to progress.

Last edited:
Only England could manager that. First host nation ever to not progress to the 2nd round........... and since Canada have no chance, that leaves me hoping Japan beat the USA to progress.

In England's defence, they were in the "Group Of Death" but it was a very underwhelming performance. The toughest part of being the host and not making the knock-out stage is that you can't pack your bags and head home...

Not that I have anything against the Jocks, but it would have been fantastic to have seen Japan playing for a Q'final place this evening.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Not that I have anything against the Jocks, but it would have been fantastic to have seen Japan playing for a Q'final place this evening.

yes that would have been good. I have been impressed with Japan and it would have been good to see them go through.
Japans 28-18 victory over the United States today, makes them the first team to win three pool stage games and go out.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
yes that would have been good. I have been impressed with Japan and it would have been good to see them go through.
Japans 28-18 victory over the United States today, makes them the first team to win three pool stage games and go out.
Chris:
proxy.php
I'm 'rooting' for The Brave Blossoms of Japan!
proxy.php

proxy.php
“The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit”. [FONT=&amp]Jean-Pierre Rives[/FONT]

Scotland get Australia in quarters.
Was impressed by the way they stood up to the bigger Samoans but can't see them pulling out a win against the Wallabies.

You guys want a plucky underdog? Root for Scotland, a nation of 5.3 million that usually plays way under its potential and skill.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Chris:
proxy.php
I'm 'rooting' for The Brave Blossoms of Japan!
proxy.php

Japan played well and I'm sure they won a few new supporters at home. The next world cut is in Japan.

Scotland get Australia in quarters.
Was impressed by the way they stood up to the bigger Samoans but can't see them pulling out a win against the Wallabies.

You guys want a plucky underdog? Root for Scotland, a nation of 5.3 million that usually plays way under its potential and skill.

I don't consider Scotland underdogs. They are a team that can and do win big games.
They have my support for the game against Aussie.

The Quarter finals are this weekend.
South Africa v Wales
New Zealand v France
Ireland v Argentina
Australia v Scotland.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Japan played well and I'm sure they won a few new supporters at home. The next world cut is in Japan.

I don't consider Scotland underdogs. They are a team that can and do win big games.
They have my support for the game against Aussie.

The Quarter finals are this weekend.
South Africa v Wales
New Zealand v France
Ireland v Argentina
Australia v Scotland.
Chris:
attachment.php
With all South Africa has had to 'deal' with changes (past & present),...you can't help but 'root' with the Spring Boks!
proxy.php
proxy.php
“The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit”. [FONT=&amp]Jean-Pierre Rives[/FONT]

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yes and it's a big if at that. I have not seen anything from the All Blacks so far in this world cup to install confidence.

Yes and it's a big if at that. I have not seen anything from the All Blacks so far in this world cup to install confidence.

Take it easy, open a beer and get ready for the semi-finals. I have no idea how old you may be Chris, but having watched the All Blacks go around since the 1970s I would confidently predict that they will get through.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Take it easy, open a beer and get ready for the semi-finals. I have no idea how old you may be Chris, but having watched the All Blacks go around since the 1970s I would confidently predict that they will get through.

The game kicks off 8:00am our time, so I will reach for a coffee, must be getting old. I have been watching them since the 70's as well.
Yeah they have what it takes to win but history shows France has beaten us at the world cup before.

Top Bottom