What's new

Rocnel SE-P is back!!!

I have both the CC and OC versions.

Blade loading is no issue. I usually use SE Sharks or Permasharps and they slide in easily. Slide being the key, if you try a press-in from the front, you will cut yourself.

Snapping the tabs off is simply a matter of folding them firmly down, then pressing firmly up, they pop right off.

The blade is about 1.2 mm wider than the head on either side. Not sure why Murat did this, other than to facilitate blade removal. E.g., you hook a toothpick/cotton swab shaft or similar implement behind the edge of the blade & draw it out. If you use the SE blades and not snapped ones, you can run the back of the used blade through the blade notch to clean it out.

The 2016 OEM handles were bad- plain, barely machined s/s rod stock. The heads really come into their own on a longer Ti handle, RazoRock or Timeless being my favorites.

The right handle length & weight distribution were the keys for me. They are modestly aggressive shavers and the CC requires more attention to rinsing between passes and/or thinner leather.

I like them. The machining is very good and IMO (tho' understandably not for everyone) is worth ~$80-100, if one is a serious SE afficionado, or hardcore Rocnel collector. For someone not too sure about Gems yet, not a good choice.

Top Bottom