What's new

Review: Truefitt & Hill Royal Shave.

Greetings & Salutations!

I hope you're all having an amazing day!

I recently traveled to Mumbai (Bombay), India, and received the Royal Shave/Hot Towel/Lather Shave.

First, the atmosphere was amazing. The decor was very elegant and classic with black & white tiles and gorgeous countertops with all of the barbershop accouterments both old & new you could imagine in a very clean and organized fashion. There is lounge music playing in the background, I even heard Frank Sinatra's unmistakable voice.

I knew I was treating myself and my father-in-law about twelve days in advance. So, I requested that neither he nor I shave for like 3-4 days in advance to enjoy the shave as I had read that they go over their hairier clients' faces twice if required. So, it ended up being more like 6 days before our appointment came time, so it was even better. First, the barber conducts a full facial massage using special creams. There must be an exfoliant in them as I emerged with clearer skin even on my forehead. Between each stage of the treatment, the barber asks: "Are you comfortable, sir?" Next, you relax with a hot towel being placed on your face for a few minutes, followed by a pre-shave oil. A badger brush is then used to collect the shaving cream from a bowl. The barber is so skilled and gentle, their training must be thorough as their method seems very well developed. They shave your face gracefully with a straight razor. I have sensitive skin and didn't bleed once. They conclude with a cold towel on the face, which feels amazing. I've switched to this at home, whereas before I normally only used a hot oibashi towel and my hot water skuttle.

They accept international Visa & Mastercard. In India, all credit cards are either Visa or MasterCard, but I had trouble with my international Visa Card due to some local regulations in most businesses but noticed that big companies and boutique businesses that cater to international clients did accept international Visa & Mastercard.

I hope this review was helpful. If you are interested in this, please check out the company on YouTube before you go, it's definitely worth the watch.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Sounds like an amazing experience you had, and no doubt it was an expensive one for such luxury. It reminded me of the stories people would tell, about going to their local barber who was from an older generation. Nothing like a solid pampering! Glad you had a wonderful time. I however, stay in the safety of my own country and do not travel, when the pandemic hit, that concreted my decision into stone lol.

Sounds like an amazing experience you had, and no doubt it was an expensive one for such luxury. It reminded me of the stories people would tell, about going to their local barber who was from an older generation. Nothing like a solid pampering! Glad you had a wonderful time. I however, stay in the safety of my own country and do not travel, when the pandemic hit, that concreted my decision into stone lol.
Actually, my friend, I did this service in India because I could not afford it in the USA or UK. You bring up a good point: I did not mention the price! How could I forget? The price for both combined was ₹4800 Indian rupees or about $64.73. At the USA location (only in Chicago), it would have been over $110 each, as per my research. I noticed the services were on local currency but the pomade and creams I purchased in the shop were £GBP equivalent.

Top Bottom