What's new

Remodeled Resin

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Have you ever looked at something and want to change it.
I was able to do so this time with some success. well IMHO
I flipped this one and re-drilled for a bigger knot 25.5mm.
Then I used a piece from another resin handle that blew up and filled the hole
I find it quite attractive .
What you guys think ?
20170220_144207.jpg
20170220_144314.jpg
IMG_6992.JPG 20170220_144207.jpg 20170220_144305.jpg 20170220_144314.jpg

A brilliant idea I'll file away for later. Looking at some blown up wooden handles I saw here the other day I was wondering about splicing in contrasting wood, this is yet another idea for me to file away.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great idea Steve.

A brilliant idea I'll file away for later. Looking at some blown up wooden handles I saw here the other day I was wondering about splicing in contrasting wood, this is yet another idea for me to file away.

Or you could cast it in Alumilite (worthless wood, hybrid, etc).

That's actually really neat. If you hadn't said it was remanufactured, i'd never have guessed. I like it!

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Great idea Steve.

Or you could cast it in Alumilite (worthless wood, hybrid, etc).
The idea of a hybrid with an acrylic bowl in place of the blown out wood also occurred. I might have been tempted to put a thin ebony or horn end on this one. I really like how he did it and that it makes me THINK.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Came out pretty good Steve!
Thanks Dave , I was able to take a little end off that Red and Clear.
I have to buff it still and make that red shine up nice . it is a shame about that red and clear
that Red is so nice .

Thanks Jay, I had thought about using some Ebony to fill it but I thought better to stay with the resin.

I think the resin was the smart choice. Ebony tends to crack which would've caused yet another problem.

It looks great. I think the design looks much better this orientation!
I have to agree, I like it better this way too. I didn't think at first flipping it was necessary but after comparing both I think this was the way to go.

Top Bottom