What's new

Proraso Appreciation Society!

A little OT, but I've used Proraso pre-post as a post shave for the past five years and couldn't be happier. I tried switching to other products (AS, etc.) but it was no use--I always keep coming back to Proraso.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco,

Which are more popular in Italy, the Proraso creams or soaps? Also, in your opinion, have the new scents been well received and do you believe there is any hope of Proraso releasing a Blue soap, White cream or Red aftershave?

Thanks.

The Proraso shaving creams are definitely more popular than the soaps. If you give a good look there's also a large tube of cream, which is what many Master Barbers like to use in their barbershops. The traditional Green is the oldest one and the most loved of them all. Really don't know if they will release the "missing" products in their lines, there's no talk of it here at the moment.

I have all three tubs and am hoping they make the blue in a tub soon. I prefer the soap over the creams but all are great products. Its my go-to products daily.

I guess I'm kind of snobby - I don't get an appreciation society for a decent but mid level product when are so many exceptional soaps, cremes, and scents out there. I will not be filling out an application :glare: :biggrin1:.

I have some and it has a niche place for menthol, but I have found Mike's pepermint soaps superior for that cooling summer shave.

On second thought it must be me cause Proraso is all over the place every day, proraso this, proraso that and I just don't get it, seems very over rated to me but as much as it is hyped about so it must be me that is missing something. It's fine but is it really like rockstar shave cream status?

Last edited:
I started wet shaving with a Merkur 33C back in January. I've only used Proraso green products (except the white ASB). I lather with the soap and cream (superlather) every time. Do many of you also do that or do you find one is better than the other independently? Also, do you use green splash and white ASB together? I'm still trying to get my routine down pat but I love the way this stuff feels. It really wakes me up in the morning but my wife doesn't like how long it takes me to get dressed now :laugh:

The Proraso shaving creams are definitely more popular than the soaps. If you give a good look there's also a large tube of cream, which is what many Master Barbers like to use in their barbershops. The traditional Green is the oldest one and the most loved of them all. Really don't know if they will release the "missing" products in their lines, there's no talk of it here at the moment.

Thanks.

Well, I'm pretty much a committed Proraso shaver now. I just picked up 3 more tubes of the Bigelow (old formula Proraso green) because I have decided to give up on picking up anymore Old Spice cream. They're still doing buy 2 get 1 free at Bath and Body Works so that's $6 and change per tube.

I've got a tube of the red that I use when I'm traveling because it's so easy to get a lather going just by dabbing some on a wet brush and twirling it. It makes a mess of my sink too quick to use it all the time though.

proxy.php

I just received a tube of Proraso Red today. Can't wait to try it for the first time tomorrow morning! I love using my tube of Proraso Green during the Spring/Summer. I still have a little left of my old formula Green tube and a tube of new formula on stand-by. Proraso makes outstanding products and I intend to keep their products in my rotation.

Last edited:
If you have a Bath & Body Works nearby, they SHOULD have a shaving cream called CO Bigelow. This is basically the Proraso green repackaged for BBW.

I say should, because I live in Naples(FL) and went to our local BBW in the mall and found out that this store does not stock shaving products for men. I should think in Orlando, however, there wouldn't be a problem.

Any where to get this around Orlando? I fancy trying some but don't want it enough to order it.

Well, I'm pretty much a committed Proraso shaver now. I just picked up 3 more tubes of the Bigelow (old formula Proraso green) because I have decided to give up on picking up anymore Old Spice cream. They're still doing buy 2 get 1 free at Bath and Body Works so that's $6 and change per tube.

Lucky

I picked up some at my local BBW too. (it may have been after reading one of your earlier posts about this sale) After doing some bigelow re-search I found out that I had purchased the new formula. It's nice and I'm really happy with it, but would really like to give the old formula a try. I hear it has it is a little cooler on the face than the new formula.

If you have a Bath & Body Works nearby, they SHOULD have a shaving cream called CO Bigelow. This is basically the Proraso green repackaged for BBW.

I say should, because I live in Naples(FL) and went to our local BBW in the mall and found out that this store does not stock shaving products for men. I should think in Orlando, however, there wouldn't be a problem.

Literally right across the street from my job. Lol.

The green and red are my go to creams and I would use them 5-6 times per week. I just love Proraso, but I've never seen blue in Australia?!? Could someone please explain the scent and I will grab some on my next travels. Thanks.

Top Bottom