What's new

Post Your Simpson Collection

The recent Beagle brushes showed me how much I like the handle shape, but the knots were not my favorite (although still very enjoyable). So that, plus a few other factors, led me to request a quote for some Eagle G3 brushes in 2 band Silvertip (my favorite hair type) and Super. Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for my wallet) Simpsons came back and said they only had ivory, ebony, and possibly one ruby handle available. None of these appeal to me, so I declined.

After a few more emails I included a list of handle materials that I am interested in and they are looking into it. I thought I was going to be able to avoid purchasing more brushes, but looks like won't be able to escape that easily.
G3 2 Band Silvertip in tortoiseshell would be right up my alley…

linty1

My wallet cries.
@SharpieB How do you like your Polo 8? Is it dense, floppy etc? I've been looking for dense but on a longer handle. M7 looks intriguing too (reminds me of those Stirling brushes).

Three for me. The G3 in super is new. The Duke is in best. The G2 is pure. The Duke was probably the better value than the other two brushes, but that G3 will probably be the more enjoyable brush for me, anyway. Considering what it cost, you can get more or the same for your money elsewhere.
20210823_141348.jpg

Last edited:
@SharpieB How do you like your Polo 8? Is it dense, floppy etc? I've been looking for dense but on a longer handle. M7 looks intriguing too (reminds me of those Stirling brushes).
The Polo 8 is a great brush. Not floppy at all. I also have an older Polo 10 and it is more floppy but but the hair reminds me of Super (it is labelled Best). I wouldn’t go bigger than the 8 as it is already a monster. The 10, 12 and 14 are stupid big IMO.

The M7 is one of my favourite brush styles and I have 3. Some say it is a Duke knot on a bigger handle. Not floppy at all and my favourite bowl lathering brush.

Top Bottom