What's new

Post your pictures - Ivory scaled razors

I figured I should add these to the list.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 131
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 132
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 136
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 130
While this doesn't add up to some of the stuff, the grain in these scales is fantastic and you don't see many Brookes and Crookes in this condition though there is a 7 day set floating around out there in a sterling box for around $2k Canadian that I want BADLY but fear my wife would leave with my unborn son and two other sons.

View attachment 631285

This just made it back to Norway.
Mammoth Ivory on a faux frameback Wosty.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 123
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 120
Nothing inadequate about that beauty, whether you own one or twenty!

Thank you very much Frank, she is definitely a Wonder of Swedish Amazingness for sure.

After having perused through this thread there are so many amazing razors it isn't even funny. Y'all have some very epic razors here for sure:thumbup1:

A couple of rough ivories: Russel & Jackson Sheffield with a lead wedge, Finnigans 18 New Bond (best grain of the lot) and a Simmons HDWC Co. Mfrs & Distributers USA No. 421 Barber's Pet. Purchased these with the idea of doing a restoration myself sometime in the future.

Im also playing around with light, trying to photograph the grain of the ivory better. These were shot in a lightbox with the top off, no artificial light, just natural light. I did use a few filters to try and bring out the grain better. In the past Ive only shot in an enclosed Lightbox with two side lights. I think more light might be the solution, maybe adding a top light for the lightbox..worth a shot sometime soon.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 44
Getting good pics of ivory is all in just the right angle and getting multiple razors to show their full beauty at once is a trick in itself. Just the lighting is only half as you know. Those lines only fully show at certain angles. Love them all.

Top Bottom