What's new

Post your best B&W photos

View from Wildacres Retreat, Pisgah National Forest, Little Switzerland, North Carolina.

proxy.php

Shot with a Panasonic FZ-50, Edited in Adobe Lightroom 4 and Nik SilverFX Pro.

Last edited:
View from Wildacres Retreat, Pisgah National Forest, Little Switzerland, North Carolina.

That is a lovely shot! I'd love to visit.

Here's one of my newborn.

$BabyG.jpg

proxy.php

awesome! I live right by Pisgah and go hiking there all the time. Great shot by the way. Love the detail in the sky. I've been trying to capture an awesome moody landscape on my new Medium format like this. It would absolutely pop as an 8x10.

It's an honor to post in this thread with all this beautiful work.

This are some of my not so recent photos, mostly digital and post-processed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I find all of the work here more than worthy but i love what Celticrusader does with his camera. :001_tt1:

Recently got out of the darkroom with this one. Shot with a Mamiya RB67, 90mm lens. Kodak TMY 400. Processed in HC110. Printed on Ilford postcard RC paper for a postcard exchange on APUG. The final print was scanned. The scan was adjusted in Photoshop to look like the original print on screen.

proxy.php

Here's a few from my first foray back into film.

Pentax ME Super/Arista Premium/ID-11
proxy.php

Yashica-Mat/Acros/Rodinal

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kodak Retina IIc/Arista Premium/ID-11

proxy.php

Here's one I took this past spring that I have grown fond of...

proxy.php

Just playing with lighting, I think this one came out ok...

proxy.php

On my walk home from work...

proxy.php

proxy.php

-Xander

Here's one I took this past spring that I have grown fond of...

Just playing with lighting, I think this one came out ok...

On my walk home from work...

-Xander

Just constructive criticism, I think (IMHO) that they are a tad over exposed. I think you'd get better results dialing it down a little bit. just my 2c

Oh I completely understand, and agree. The hand and last shot were actually cell phone pics, I don't remember about the others.

But, I will keep an eye on it when I shoot more.

-X

This is the only photo I've converted to B&W that I truly liked. This guy was doused in red light and I just couldn't get it the way I wanted. Decided to try for B&W instead and got something I enjoyed.

i hope you gentlemen don't mind the subject matter, but i have been getting some decent shots with a new brush i picked up. Critique away; i don't mind as i am new to photography and i am still learning. :blushing:

proxy.php

Top Bottom