What's new

Post your best B&W photos

I am partial to B&W / Sephia photos post your best.

proxy.php

Nice photo. What method/medium was that shot in?

I just started doing B&W film photography. At the moment, I'm only shooting 35mm. I also have a darkroom to do enlargement prints. I started a thread with some scans of my prints. I'll post here when I get a chance.

Digital; Canon 5D MKII 24-70mm 2.8 the old MK I wish I could afford the MK II. I never learned anything about film photography jumped right into digital back in the day of the $2,000 Sony mavica floppy disc brick cameras. I just Photoshop the color away the cheap and easy way.

Here are a few of the prints I've done recently. All were taken on my Nikon F2 with Ilford HP5+ film, then enlarged to 8X10. I then scanned them in using minimal processing except to get the levels the same as the physical print, and unsarp masking.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I don't do much with B&W, but I really like the way this one came out.

$bern-BW.jpg

This is part of the old city of Bern, Switzerland, photographed from a bridge across the Aare River.

(Shot in 2007 with a Panasonic Lumix FZ-20 Point-and-Shoot camera)

Last edited:
I shoot quite a bit of b/w film (in both 135 and 120 formats) and really enjoy the process. These are all film images although I often convert digital images to black and white as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Well, since most are posting their film photos, here's a scan of one I took when I was 9 years old, cleaned up the dust spots, and put my name in the corner of. A little out of focus, don't remember how I got the sepia tone (used a sepia toning bath or a filter on the enlarger -- who knows), but I was only 9 so give me a break. Shot with a Pentax MESuper which I still have. I have a gallery on my website of some monochrome shots I've done. Nothing as nice as what I've seen so far though.

proxy.php

I guess we're not allowed to have our personal websites on our profile page anymore? Haven't checked in a while I guess.

Last edited:
I shoot quite a bit of b/w film (in both 135 and 120 formats) and really enjoy the process. These are all film images although I often convert digital images to black and white as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice shots! I like the 1st one a lot.

That hand with the stainless ball pic looks like it should be in a museum seriously that is an amazing picture. The stariway pic is awesome as well that belongs on a greeting card A+++.

A few of mine:

Attachments

• $DSC_0008BW.jpg
    $DSC_0008BW.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 259
  • $DSC_8371.jpg
    $DSC_8371.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 263
  • $DSC_3198_1099.jpg
    $DSC_3198_1099.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 258
Top Bottom