What's new

Plisson - Worth the cost?

Is a Plisson brush worth the cost?

At one time I owned a Plisson Size 10 EW with Ebony handle. I bought it here on the BST for $175.

While I did enjoy using it, I found the density to be lacking. It lathered no better or worse than my other brushes. It was better with creams than with hard soaps, which I use most of the time. It reminded me of my C&E BBB brush.

I sold it for $170. While it's a decent brush, it was not worth the cost, IMO.

Oh why? Oh why? Oh whyyyy?.....Why did you have to revive a thread that was (almost) perfectly dead?

I have been looking at the Plisson web site several times, and was very curious as to the question in this thread. After some thorough thinking, I decided I didn't have to try one.

Now, reading through this thread (I'm glad I'm not a cat, I would be dead by now :lol:) and seeing the photos :drool:, which almost gave me dehydration and forced me to wear a bib (something I haven't done in 40 years) I'm now craving to have one and compare it to my other Silvertips.
I just ordered the B&B 2011 LE and because I couldn't wait until June/July to get my hands on it, I completely snapped
z27fWR4eC9Tk5PJRKJarUpEfgBzexoX2VZtNgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
:oops: :mad2: and ordered a customised olive-handled Vie-Long Silvertip to steady the nerves until the LE arrives :blushing:

I hope, I can resist further brush acquisitions for a while :001_rolle

(Not being native English speaking I'm wondering; how long is "a while"?)

Ahh Soren, I too have suffered from SBAD over the past two years...resist, resist, perhaps you're a stronger man than I am...for me resistance was futile...whatever you do, stop checking this thread! This thread was what caused me to dive into Plissons in the first place!! Look at me now, I'm a wreck! :tongue_sm

I love the grain on that olive wood Vie-Long, they are absolutely gorgeous. And the rumous does exist that the knot is very similar to the Plissons! There's only one way to find out and I'm not ready to acquire another brush this month :tongue_sm :lol::lol::lol:

... perhaps you're a stronger man than I am...

...whatever you do, stop checking this thread!...

My backbone is no where near that of my brushes (cooked spaghetti comes to mind :lol:)

If I stop checking the thread, I might loose that very important information that would keep me from buying one - maybe :001_rolle

Oh why? Oh why? Oh whyyyy?.....Why did you have to revive a thread that was (almost) perfectly dead?

I have been looking at the Plisson web site several times, and was very curious as to the question in this thread. After some thorough thinking, I decided I didn't have to try one.

Now, reading through this thread (I'm glad I'm not a cat, I would be dead by now :lol:) and seeing the photos :drool:, which almost gave me dehydration and forced me to wear a bib (something I haven't done in 40 years) I'm now craving to have one and compare it to my other Silvertips.
I just ordered the B&B 2011 LE and because I couldn't wait until June/July to get my hands on it, I completely snapped
z27fWR4eC9Tk5PJRKJarUpEfgBzexoX2VZtNgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
:oops: :mad2: and ordered a customised olive-handled Vie-Long Silvertip to steady the nerves until the LE arrives :blushing:

I hope, I can resist further brush acquisitions for a while :001_rolle

(Not being native English speaking I'm wondering; how long is "a while"?)
:thumbup1:

Everytime I see 'Plisson' in the title I promise to mutter 'overpriced' and move swiftly to the next thread :lol:

Top Bottom