What's new

Please give me some advice about Lavender and Rose soaps

Dear B&B gents,

Hope you are doing well.
Most of my soaps have dark scents.
I love to use MdC citrus in hot days,
and want to get some follower-scented soaps such as lavender and rose that may fit well in the spring and summer seasons.
ETHOS Lavender/Rose are surely on my list, even though they are quite high-priced.
Are there any other soaps worth trying?
Any input is highly appreciated.

There is a type of geranium called rose geranium that resembles the scent of a rose.

Signature Soaps from the UK has a soap called Coria with a rose geranium and lavender scent. It uses essential oils only. Very nice scent and a great performing soap, also.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
TOBS lavender is a nice bright lavender scent, although to me it has a slight chemical smell.

Master Soap Creation has a Frosted Lavender thats along the same line as the TOBS but without the chemical smell with a good dose of menthol. Perfect for the warmer days. Plus the Guinness base is head and shoulders above TOBS.

Barrister&Man have a beautiful lavender that is darker than the two listed above. To me its perfect for the colder days. It has the Omnibus base which is slightly better than the MSC, but not by much.

Dear B&B gents,

Hope you are doing well.
and want to get some follower-scented soaps such as lavender and rose that may fit well in the spring and summer seasons.
ETHOS Lavender/Rose are surely on my list, even though they are quite high-priced.
I really like Stirling Bergamot Lavender. It gets a lot of use in the spring.

Dear B&B gents,

Hope you are doing well.
Well, if you like to smell like a lady, go for it.

MDC rose is good
TOBS cream rose is OK
Kiss My Face cream if found, lavender is OK
La Rosa Profunda , Grooming department is a good soap, but the scent is too strong for me.....like granny :eek2:
La Rosa Profunda is fabulous. The scent is heavy out of the tub but dissipates pretty quickly after the shave, to the extent that it does not clash with whatever splash I use after. MDC Rose is milder and also fades out quick. Declaration Grooming has a Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli which is a very pleasing rose variant. You might be able to get samples of this from Maggard's, but I find the accompanying splash is a bit heavy for me; especially when used in conjunction with the soap.

Dear gents in this thread,

Thanks for your input.
I will buy MdC Rose.
The lavender-scented one is still undecided.

@MrMoJoe Thanks for your suggestion, but Stirling tends to be too synthetically scented in my limited experience.
My vote for Lavender:
full

For a lavender cream, try Truefitt & Hills Ultimate Comfort.
It's marketed as unscented, but contains a healthy amount of Lavender Oil.

I loved lavender and rose soaps, but regular use irritated my face. My favorites were MDC Rose and Mikes Hungarian Lavender which I PIF'd. TOBS Rose cream wasn't as irritating, but that was almost 14 years ago.

Cyril L. Salter wild rose cream is really good. My fave of the rose scented creams.

+1 to the MDC Rose, Le Pere Lucien rose du pushkar, and Castle Forbes recommendations

Note: just saw that you're getting MDC. Nice choice. For lavender, I've been through a number of lavenders but CF is a great lavender EO scent.

MdC Original has a lot of lavender. Description is: " made from Lavender essential oils, Mint and Rosemary." To my nose, the lavender is the most prominent note.

I was going to suggest this as well for lavender. I'm kind of surprised MdC hasn't offered a pure lavender scent. Los Jabones de Joserra Brihuega is another good one that is much more lavender forward than the MdC but still has some other things going on in the background.

If pure lavender is what you're after I'd start with Grooming Dept. It's very nice. Ethos lavender is nice but, to my nose, has a slightly sour smell or something similar to a sour smell. It's very faint and hard to describe, but I do notice it. More so when smelling the jar rather than when lathering. It's probably one of the ingredients in the soap.

I don't have any experience with the Castle Forbes Lavender, but their Lime is amazing and I suspect the lavender would be really good too

I was going to suggest this as well for lavender. I'm kind of surprised MdC hasn't offered a pure lavender scent. Los Jabones de Joserra Brihuega is another good one that is much more lavender forward than the MdC but still has some other things going on in the background.

If pure lavender is what you're after I'd start with Grooming Dept. It's very nice. Ethos lavender is nice but, to my nose, has a slightly sour smell or something similar to a sour smell. It's very faint and hard to describe, but I do notice it. More so when smelling the jar rather than when lathering. It's probably one of the ingredients in the soap.

I don't have any experience with the Castle Forbes Lavender, but their Lime is amazing and I suspect the lavender would be really good too

Maybe I will get CF or GD Lavender.
Is GD Lavender dark-sided?
If my memory works, some gents reported GD English Lavender tends to be dark.
Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom