What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Up this evening: KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0 in a Radice Rind Billiard, the "Hippie Band" version of the 2019 PSD POY; WC Old Dominion in the new Northern Briars Rox Cut Regal Jade G4 Panel; Cringle Flake Holiday Edition 2019 in the 2023 Tinsky BL LE. Good tobacco, good pipes, and perhaps my favorite whisky on the side. Lagavulin 16 that my wife gave me for my birthday. I'm a fortunate & grateful man.
View attachment 1841977
All three are beautiful, KellyG, but I like that panel. Truly it is time I smoked my "Wolf pipe" again, the big black sandblast foursquare billiard.

A tasty bowl of BCF after dinner this evening, in this little Kevin Arthur poker...

20240506_131735.jpg

Up earlier than I planned again. Last evening I packed the big black Wolf pipe, the sandblast foursquare Trade Winds billiard, with a mix of Match Prince Albert leavened with a little Stirling Flake, and am puffing it now. It's a big bowl; I can probably do about 15-20 min. this morning, and still have that much time left after work today.

A very warm evening as it topped 100 F in the Valley today. Two pipes, the Huber LE with 2021 Cringle Flake, the penultimate bowl of that tin. The Northern Briars Rox Cut Regal Jade G4 Panel with WC Rouxgaroux. A wee dram of the Bunnahabhain on the side, along with a big tumbler of ice water. We will see how long I last.
20240508.jpg

Last night before bed I packed a mix of St. Bruno and pipe-shop aromatic Queen Anne's Revenge into the CHAP meer-lined straight billiard. Hope to puff on it tonight.

The QAR smells much like Captain Black Original. Should be interesting.
And so I did on Thursday evening before dinner, about twenty minutes' worth. It delivered a hint of tongue or mouth heat; the QAR was still moister than I thought it should be after sitting on a saucer all day. Not bad, though.

I'm finishing up the bowl this a.m. with my coffee after a halfway decent night's sleep. And it's Friday, so good news all around.

A couple of Tinskys this evening. I didn't start out with these in mind, it just turned out that way; funny how that happens. The '23 Tinskey LE is stuffed with PS LNF; WC Simply Voriental in the '23 Christmas Golden Blast. Some sort of whisky on the side. I'm glad to be smoking in "cooler" weather as it was 109 F yesterday; too hot!
20240510.jpg

Last night, one of my mixes: a pinch of Capstan Blue and one of St. Bruno with Match Carter Hall. This I Frank-packed into the old Colossal part-carved, lightly bent billiard for a short smoke after work. With a pipe cleaner up the spout, the Colossal sat overnight, and the rest of the bowl is providing a several-relight session with my morning coffee.

Top Bottom