What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

This morning I am puffing BCA in the newer Grabow Starfire and contemplating the death of one of my computer monitors.

It just up and died about five seconds after I woke the PC this morning. So I ordered a new one from AAFES.

Having only one monitor is like looking out the window at the world through the slit in the curtains. It will be nice to have a matching pair, for once.

ResizedImage_2024-01-26_03-18-02_1561.jpg

Drove back to the RGV from SW Kansas yesterday, an uneventful 14 hour drive, mostly across Texas. I'm still tired!
Up this evening, if I can stay awake; a couple Tinsky's: the '23 LE with PS LNF; the '23 Christmas Golden Blast with WC Rouxgaroux. Famous Grouse Smoky Black on the side.
20240501.jpg

Some 8yr old Penzance in my Scortarious (JP Urquiza) Sitter while I doing some Motorcycle maintenance.

View attachment 1839247
@MrSmith, that is one remarkable pipe -- the contrasts in color and texture are fascinating! Is it possible to buy one like it?

As for me, I'm debating whether to pack a pipe and light up. I'm still coughing now and then from the last bits of the otherwise mild cold that's been dragging on for a week. Probably best to load a pipe and set it aside for this afternoon, maybe, or tomorrow, or better still Saturday.

Up this evening: my brand new Northern Briars Rox Cut Regal Jade G4 Panel. I purchased this as a replacement for my still lost Alden LE Panel that went missing last fall. I spotted it on Tobacco Pipes and didn't hesitate. I loved that Alden Panel and this is as close as I'll get to that pipe. Unless, of course, I commission one from Ryan, which is not out of the realm of possibility! The inaugural smoke is KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0. Also up is a Castello Sea Rock Briar with Kramer's Father Dempsey. Perhaps a wee dram of Famous Grouse Smoky Black on the side.
20240502.jpg

Feels like my system is finally clear of the gunk deposited by the cold. To wake up and to celebrate a bit, I loaded some Sherlock Holmes into the small Linkman's Dr. Grabow bent apple. Apparently I didn't pack it too well, it took a lot of relights, but I got a good fifteen minutes out of the bowl. Good way to start a Friday!

@MrSmith, that is one remarkable pipe -- the contrasts in color and texture are fascinating! Is it possible to buy one like it?

As for me, I'm debating whether to pack a pipe and light up. I'm still coughing now and then from the last bits of the otherwise mild cold that's been dragging on for a week. Probably best to load a pipe and set it aside for this afternoon, maybe, or tomorrow, or better still Saturday.
I got this one back in 2016 before Scortarious pipes were stamped with their scorpion stamp. I believe that the Scortarious line is no longer active, but JP Urquiza is still active - At least on Instagram. I'm sure that he'd welcome a message inquiring about a similar pipe. Feel free to grab my picture as a reference.

The cold is going around. This was my first smoke after a bout of colds have run through my house. Oddly having a pipe right at the tail end of a cold "clears" me up more often than not. Hope you feel better soon.

The cold is going around. This was my first smoke after a bout of colds have run through my house. Oddly having a pipe right at the tail end of a cold "clears" me up more often than not. Hope you feel better soon.
I think the smoke may actually make your mucus membranes shrink a little.

As for me: Saturday morning pipe is some My Mixture 965 (not really right for summertime, but whatever) in my Peterson 606 Arklow pot-bowl. And you know, my nose, which has been stuffy, seems to be clearing up a bit. . . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom