What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Celebrating Friday with SJF in my Rad tomato, and a new bottle...

20240419_140325.jpg

Saturday morning! Time for a pipe with coffee. The weather here has slopped down into swamp territory again, as it always does in March and April, and heat and humidity are not right somehow for an English . . . but we've been promised a "cool" front tomorrow. Maybe I can hasten it with the right pipe/leaf combo!

Accordingly, some My Mixture 965 in the Peterson 606 Arklow pot-bowl.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Out with the men of my church at one of the deacon’s farm for an overnight outing. Around the fire I shared some HH Louisiana Red Flake with fellow pipe smokers of the church. Everyone enjoyed the blend thoroughly.

I packed another pipe with some Sutliff Phantom Privateer. Unfortunately, that bowl was cut short due to an over curious skunk 🦨 who wanted to see what we were doing. Hung around for a while too. Both blends I smoked in MM cobs.

Loaded almost the last of the St. Bruno pouch from Christmas '23 into the meer-lined CHAP straight billiard, got it going, took a few puffs . . . and realized I really didn't want a smoke right now. I've set it aside with a pipe cleaner up the spout. Maybe it'll still smoke well later, or tomorrow a.m.

Loaded almost the last of the St. Bruno pouch from Christmas '23 into the meer-lined CHAP straight billiard, got it going, took a few puffs . . . and realized I really didn't want a smoke right now. I've set it aside with a pipe cleaner up the spout. Maybe it'll still smoke well later, or tomorrow a.m.
And so it did! Sipping on the pipe with morning coffee, I found it lit well and smoked pleasantly with only a couple of relights. Maybe the bitterness only pops up when you smoke half a bowl and come back to it later?

Anyway! St. Bruno may be on the pricey side, but it's very good stuff. I suppose I'll order some again -- maybe even try the flake.

Last edited:
Haven't posted for a bit, but that doesn't mean I've not been smoking, just not as much and often too late to do the posting and still get the pipe in before morning. I'm now back in SW Kansas for a week or two, getting the yard whipped into shape and the sprinklers going, plus some blood work and a visit with my Doc, a semi-annual check up.
Tonight's pipes, a Radice Classic Bull Dog with Peter Stokkebye #52 Proper English; a Castello Sea Rock Briar with WC Quint's Own; the Tinsky 23 Christmas Golden Blast with WC Terrapin Station. Famous Grouse Smoky Black on the side.
20240423.jpg

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Today, after work, I mowed our yard (~2.5 acres). Once that was done and after dinner, I mixed two open blends I had. I mixed the HH Louisiana Red with the sample of WCC Simply Orange. This evening, I spent some time with the family and enjoyed the above mixture in the BnB Tinsky LE. Great smoke from start to finish. Looking forward to having this one in a few months from now.

Best part of today, my eldest daughter asked me some questions about my time in the Navy for an essay/book she’s writing for school. I thanked her for taking an interest in my career.

Last edited:
Top Bottom