What's new

PILS Razor Review: ÜberBling, but does it Sing?

:001_huh:
Truer words were never spoken.

And I'm really impressed with the Astra in the Pils . . . I have had nothing but outstanding shaves.

So Dex and Baron, which one should I get the Pils or the Feather. I never see either listed on BST so it looks like I need to find a store online. I do have a Feather Travel razor kit which is all metal-ss?

So Dex and Baron, which one should I get the Pils or the Feather. I never see either listed on BST so it looks like I need to find a store online. I do have a Feather Travel razor kit which is all metal-ss?
Well, I have not shaved with the Feather so I can't comment . . . other than to say you should get the Pils. :lol::lol::lol:

I know RoyalShave carries them, they are a vendor here (and nice people).

I haven't used either razor but it's my understanding the PILS is more aggressive than the Feather. So, the question is... how aggressive do you want your razor to be?

My take on expensive razors is if I'm paying $150 or more for a razor I want it to be adjustable so I can dial it in with the blade I'm using.
Right now I'm enjoying a long handle Super Adjustable, it seems to be 1 click less aggressive then my Slim Adjustable, so I set it at 5 instead of 4 and get a perfect shave.
If I use a feather I dial it down, a Derby I dial it up.
If these companies are going to tout that they're using modern technology to produce their razor I want all the "Bells and Whistles" that go with it.

My take on expensive razors is if I'm paying $150 or more for a razor I want it to be adjustable so I can dial it in with the blade I'm using.
Right now I'm enjoying a long handle Super Adjustable, it seems to be 1 click less aggressive then my Slim Adjustable, so I set it at 5 instead of 4 and get a perfect shave.
If I use a feather I dial it down, a Derby I dial it up.
If these companies are going to tout that they're using modern technology to produce their razor I want all the "Bells and Whistles" that go with it.

+1. Maybe it's an issue of control. But I fell better with an adjustable. I like one setting for my cheeks and a lower, milder one for my neck.

:001_huh: So Dex and Baron, which one should I get the Pils or the Feather. I never see either listed on BST so it looks like I need to find a store online. I do have a Feather Travel razor kit which is all metal-ss?

I'll just say this... I've owned both (sold the Feather), but there is really nothing special about the Feather other than the weight. The design is very unoriginal.

The Pils on the other hand has everything the Feather lacks.

Quick update: This may still be the best DE I've used, but it's playing second fiddle to my KAI Captain lately. I can't quite find that magical, effortless 1-pass shave with any DE razor/blade combo I've ever used. It always takes two. I can do 1-pass w/the Captain and go, and I love that.

I'll just say this... I've owned both (sold the Feather), but there is really nothing special about the Feather other than the weight. The design is very unoriginal.

The Pils on the other hand has everything the Feather lacks.

interesting view, i'd love to get my hands on a gold Pils.

I feel like the safety bar design core elements are fundamentally similar as far as originality goes. Implementation difference, on the other hand, is obvious and I have tried about 4 safety bar razors so far and found the feather to feel quite different in comparison to other characteristics other than weight.

I guess I'll have to see for myself one day, alongside an OC and slant.

RAD has overtaken my sensibilities! Just ordered one from our friends at Royal Shave a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get it! Must stop reading reviews here!

Well, I have not shaved with the Feather so I can't comment . . . other than to say you should get the Pils. :lol::lol::lol:

I know RoyalShave carries them, they are a vendor here (and nice people).

Thanks Stubblefield I now have the Pils on my wish and WTB list; the RAD grows:wink2:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Alright, you've convinced me. That didn't take long. Which model would you guys recommend buying? I like a muted, matte silver, rather than a polished silver.

Top Bottom