What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

$20161129_193928.jpg

Last night, after i opened the box I could not help myself. I had to try a Derby Extra in the Gillette ball end New. I lathered up with my halfslich(sp) and slick combo. I have been wanting to try a Derby. Holy crap that is not going to work, that is like dragging a cinder block across my face, with out shaving cream while it is covered in sand encrusted crystals of glass. I took out the Derby, and put in a Bali, and that was a big improvement. It felt like someone had removed the crystals of glass. I then put the trusty astra blade in an managed to save the shave. Faces do prefer certain blades. I opened up the trial pack of AOS after shave, EH', it was okay nothing great I like Nivea bettor.

That gillette ball end can make a blade sing, If you try it be careful, it is efficient. There is also a crack in the handle so do not over tighten it .

Oh crap, my bad... I haven't been checking back in with this thread. Far left in that picture of the 3 razors is a Merkur, not sure exactly which model it is though. Middle one, I have NO clue what it is, but the far right is an NDC(no date code) super speed from the... 40s or 50s? I think... Can't tell exactly when it was made without a date code, but something like that.

That other picture with the single razor in it later on in the thread, that's the Schick Injector.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the Weishi either. It's not a TERRIBLE razor, and it has served me very well over the last 4 years(it was my first and only DE until I got my slim a few months ago). It's just too mild for me and ends up requiring a crapton of touch-up/buffing on my neck, which ends up causing irritation(although it's still not as bad as a cartridge).

I'm glad you liked my packing job, by the way. :thumbup1: I had to rearrange it a few times to get all that stuff to fit in there properly.

Dang this looks amazing! If there is a spot open I would gladly love to receive this box, and also add to it and pass it on! Just let me know!

Dang this looks amazing! If there is a spot open I would gladly love to receive this box, and also add to it and pass it on! Just let me know!
Well we seem to be all on are own here, thanks for posting. Lately I have felt like I have been posting in sign language. There are still some soaps I would like to try in this, but there are several razors and a bunch of other soaps I could post out first. Pm me with you info.

The other night I tried the wedge of brown stuff in the zip lock bag that had what I thought was the letter 6 in the middle and the words salon on it. It was a pretty good shave the smell was not overpowering. I mixed it up with a creme from cottage house as for me its hard to make a lather with a cut off wedge. If anyone can identify this soap let me know I might order some.

proxy.php

At this point I have set aside all of the soaps, and creams that are in zip lock baggies. I mean, what is the point of trying something that is not identified? I really love this product, it is the best I have ever found. If I only knew what it was, I would use it the rest of my life. I will stop now, but really why should I mail this on?
The tube of creme that is RISE, I couldnt even get it to make a lather, so sorry in advance, but its going in the trash.

This is a great pifpass , I just wish everyone could figure out that a baggie with a lable works wonders. A piece of wax paper with the word almond on it? Really?

Last edited:
Tonight I tried this,

Wow I might really like this!It made a great thick goop. I am always amazed when I get a good soap about how much more water I need to use than what I thought. Mixed up, It was already slick, and when I mixed it up with a little super slick this stuff rocked. It held its consistency throughout the shave. Luckily the contributor put it in a bag with the name on it!
proxy.php

Anyone know what this is? Also having lost some of my vision in the last month, I tried out a something new tonight. It worked pretty well, but I am going to post it on the newbie thread, and then link it to here.

BTW - there is a puck in there that is a full size puck in with abut 3/4 left - it is Col Conk Almond. I found the label that was supposed to go in the bag. And yes there are some mystery sops in there but I believe most are labeled and if they are not clear - post a pic like above and someone should be able to ID it. [MENTION=107645]Mcmen4my[/MENTION] - I do not see why you can not be added to the list

There are several wax paper things, some plastic baggies, a bottle of green stuff must be after shave? I will post a pic of the unmarked things. I liked the brown soap that I posted above any idea what it is?
It is still a great opportunity, thanks for the chance.
Is the yellow handled razor the injector, and how do you load it?

Yes, the yellow handled razor is the injector, but I'm not sure how to load it. I only got around to trying out the flair tip and the New. I know there was a blade in it when I received the box already, but I wouldn't blame you for wanting a fresh blade as I wouldn't know how to find out for sure how many times that one was used.

Just found this on youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the injector I put a new blade in there when I put it in the box, whether anyone used it yet I don't know. There should be a long silver Schick tick of blades with a little metal nob slide the nob into the razor and move the slide to put in a new blade in. The old blade will slide out.

The big silver tin is old shulton old spice, I forgot to put a label on it sorry.

They are in there. I just did not know that is where they went. That razor does not look anything like the yellow one in the box, but hey I have only been doing this two months!
So last night I tried the Eva again, and I think that I did not have enough product. I did not have the same experience that I did last night, it was a lot drier. Once I added my glycerin it slicked up, but I think I need a puck to lather off of.

Tonight I put some of the Cella in the bowl, and went to town. I still suck at making lather, I need to take a course at the community college I guess. I never know when there is to much water to start, but it took it up. I put a little on my face and ran down to grab the camera. It felt slick, but by the time I made it back up it had dried out. I put some glycerin in it, and it was the bomb. Super slick lather, and thick. I put a new feather in my gillette old, and threw the Astra three day old blade away. I think that that it was a pretty good shave. I still felt some tugging, so I am starting to understand that the shave is really based around the level of slickness. I made sure to lather the face up real good, and took my time. Like really took my time, and closed my eyes while I shaved. This was one of the closest shaves I have had, there is a little irritation, but man it is smooth. I can see why the Cella is highly recommended.

I have three new razors in a box that I am waiting to try out, but I am holding firm with soap trials with the old.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
They're both Schick Injectors, look at the head. The one in the video just happens to be a different version with a different kind of handle.

I had the same problem with trying out all the different stuff as far as labels are concerned. I didn't mess much with stuff that didn't have them because I didn't think I'd be able to figure out what it was.

I can only speak for myself, but everything I put in was labeled because it was all original packaging/container/whatever. Unless you wanna count the yellow plastic handle boar brush. I have no idea what brand that is, or that it even has one. It's just some random thing from Turkey I got 4 years ago when I first started wet shaving. But I'm pretty darn sure it's boar. It feels nothing like my synthetic brush, and it sure as heck isn't badger.

Oh, as far as lather is concerned... it looks like your brush is boar too. There's nothing wrong with boar, but ever since I got my Omega S brush, it's the only thing I wanna use. Keep in mind I also have only had that one other brush until a couple months ago maybe. It's soft like a badger, but firm like a boar, and it lathers pretty much effortlessly. You can find them easily with a google search for like $8, maybe less now with some kinda christmas sale.

Also, one thing that I like to do is put a little dab of actual cream(I use cremo) in my bowl, then load my brush up with soap and combine the two. Most of the soaps I've tried weren't quite slick enough unless I added way too much water, and then the thickness wasn't there. The cream was the exact opposite, unless I used a LOT of it. But if I combine them, I get the best of both worlds. Maybe give that a try with that tube of cremo I threw in the box, or whatever cream you want from it, if there's anything you liked.

Last edited:
Well we seem to be all on are own here, thanks for posting. Lately I have felt like I have been posting in sign language. There are still some soaps I would like to try in this, but there are several razors and a bunch of other soaps I could post out first. Pm me with you info.

Wait, are we skipping over me???

Actually,I don't have a list. So I probably forgot. I have a couple more soaps to try then I will post it. Good thing you barked, it works out better going to you first. Pm contact info

1) just1blast
2) mcmen4my

Razorock was on the menu tonight. It made a great soap, and when I threw in my secret ingredient it really took off. I paired it with a feather blade in my gillette old single ring, and finished up in the gillette super black adjustable. I have a little bit of burn, but that is my fault as I can not seem to leave the ghost stubble alone. I think I did pretty good for using a feather blade with a gillette adjustable on 9 for some major buffing. I sweat that ghost stubble feels like its 1/16" high, and an hour later I can barely feel it.

I may have to revisit some of my earlier blades. I had some tugging tonight with a brand new feather, so I am going to assume that it is not the blade. The only other two options that I feel are effecting my shave are technique, and slickness. Once I am through with this pifpas I am going to stick to one soap, blade, and razor for a month. I am going to try anyway.

proxy.php

proxy.php

After

proxy.php

proxy.php

My poor man's five dollar scuttle, boiling water in the tank, bowl on top. The lather actually gets pretty toasty.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Copy and paste your name/number to the bottom of the others that are listed back a few posts. If the original poster wants to adjust the list then that is up the them. I just got on the list a few back so I would assume your good to go.
I know that with the holidays this list pass will slow done a week. Nice to have you aboard, Mr Kitty.

Top Bottom