What's new

PIF - 1000 posts

Listen up, people! This PIF is complicated. But, prizes, prizes, prizes!!! And CONUS shipping is covered, so it is definitely worth your time.

I recently realized that I have been shooting my mouth off on B&B to the tune of 1000 posts. Plus I have a few items I might not use. (But all are usable!) And, while I like to think that I am not a control freak, the idea of making up a bunch of largely unenforceable rules is just soooo appealing.

Rule 1 - if you and I have exchanged PMs, you are banned from this PIF.
Rule 2 - if you don’t like (or at least tolerate) Arko, that’s it, banned.
Rule 3 - this is a really great PIF, so don’t go slandering it.
Rule 4 - you’ve gotta say “I’m in!”. I think that’s traditional.
Rule 5 - decisions of the judge(s) are final. If you have been so unwary as to PM me in the past, you may be called upon to judge up a tiebreaker-type opinion.
Rule 6 - I’m already bored of writing rules, so on to the prizes, coach’s tips, and more general blathering...

Door: Grande
B65E5997-7400-4A19-A2A8-864BBFEC2BEC.jpeg

Barely used Fatip Grande, the ruthenium-plated flavor, stick of Arko, tuck and towel to be named later...

Door: Tech
357BB4CB-24C8-43A6-9E7F-01BC41FC814B.jpeg

British Tech, aluminum handle, came in a lot, isn’t OC or slanted so I’ve never used it, Arko, tuck, towel (not this towel, my precious Little My)

Door: Gem PB
4F4057D4-7726-4872-9A1A-47970D3F7647.jpeg

Gem Pushbutton, handle is user-grade, Arko, 10 (?) Gem Stainless (maybe PTFE?) blades, towel (not this one, something more boring), good intro to Gem SE

Door: Popular
3BC5626A-0E89-4BF0-8D2D-AFBADA9EFAF7.jpeg

Feather Popular, fine shape, came in a lot (but I tried it once), Arko, tuck of 10 Feather Hi-STAINLESS (most expensive component behind this door), towel

Door: Towel/tuck appendix
E8CF5D76-B97F-48B0-8EA4-0F59E3F65732.jpeg

If you think you’re going to get one of my treasured Moomin towels, fuhgeddaboutit. Winners will be randomly assigned one of these fine shaving towels, sourced across the globe by tonsorial giants IKEA and Tradere Joes. Also featured are the tucks available with the Grande and Tech. Choose one.

Coach’s tips - Courage! Keep you head up! Hang tough, there are only a few more attempts at humor. Leave it all on the field!

To enter:

> Don’t forget “I’m in!”

> Quote any one of my posts.

> Nominate the quote for a category of your own invention. If you are uninventive, may I suggest ‘Lamest’, ‘Long-winded’, ‘Trying too hard’, ‘Ignorant’, or the direct ‘Wrong!’ Of course ‘Brilliant’, ‘Hilarious’, and ‘Visionary’ are available if you think sucking up to the Judge(s) will help your cause.

> Do mention which door you’re dreaming of, and, if it’s the Grande or Tech, which blade flavor you would like (Rapira PL, Astra, or Supermax Blue Diamond).

> Stand on your toes, close your eyes, and touch your nose with either pinkie finger.

That’s it! Ladies and gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

"I'm in"

"I was so pleased with myself..." The Daily Double Thread dated Aug 16, 2019

I'd say your quote was in the "Humble"...category.

I like that Grande with an Astra and you had me at Arko...

Glorious PIF! Unfortunately I'm not in due to the Nov. GRUME.

I will say that I have enjoyed your posts and pictures in the Straight Razor threads tremendously.

Good luck to all!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Great PIF, not in due to just winning a very generous PIF. Great idea though, I'll be back to check in on the posts for this one...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I volunteer to be a judge. If we hadn't PM'd I'd still not enter, as you know I am way too blessed already my friend!

Awesome PIF Sadly Not in on this one.
Will follow looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
(I volunteer for any unwanted Arko!)

Lol, this guy running this PIF is almost as nice a Gent as I am, and coming from me, that's saying something!

"I'm in"

"Quiet around here. Not even the devil has an advocate." Oct 31, 2019

Your quote gave me a little LOL.

I choose to be in the running for the Grande with an Astra

I’m in please.

“Would it be OK if I just track you down and follow you around for a few weeks? Not stalking or anything. More just shadowing and taking extensive notes” I think falls into the visionary category.

I am building a starter kit for my dad, so I would like to enter for Door Tech with Astra SP.

Only on Badger and Blade...

"And besides garroting isn’t really strangling."
- Tanuki, Change one Letter Word Game

I think it's the "besides" that gets me.

Still not in, but I couldn't resist sharing.

Not in, as I would rather see the razors go to someone who could use one more. However, one of these days I will finally try Arko.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you take the Arko out of this pif, I may be interested.
Not in, as I would rather see the razors go to someone who could use one more. However, one of these days I will finally try Arko.

Ciaran, you could just fake liking Arko for the purposes of the PIF, then mail it to Chris if you win. Full moon suit not required, just hold your nose and use disposable gloves for handling.

Ciaran, you could just fake liking Arko for the purposes of the PIF, then mail it to Chris if you win. Full moon suit not required, just hold your nose and use disposable gloves for handling.
Ha ha ha. Now that's a scheme. I appreciate the thought. I will definitely try it soon.

Dude you crack me up. Great sense of humor in your post and rules. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching this one go down. I'm disqualified due to Rule #1 and a generous PIF from you already, but I'm rootin' for the winner of the Tech Door! All the best gents!

Top Bottom