What's new

Pictures from Imgur no longer showing up

Thanks to the Moderators for your feedback so far.

While I'd like to see this resolved, if for no other reason than to not have a bunch of threads out there with missing pictures, for the future I'll probably just proceed with using the B&B gallery.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No unfortunately. My sincere apologies, but this is way out of the hands of us mere mortals.
I sincerely wish that there was something I could do to make this work, but it's light years out of my league.

thanks for the note back!
wonder what the problem might be?
the tech wizards have given us marvelous Hats and Snow!!
they should be able to do something simple like debugging image links!!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My understanding is that it is a cache issue with the software. Apparently, debugging software is more complicated than script issues etc. Getting into the meat of the product of some one else is an issue.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

In the meantime you can upload your photos to the B&B gallery!!
Then there will be no issues at all!!
I’m sure the holidays have slowed progress as well!!
The staff do have lives outside of B&B!!
!!

Yeh, I've been having the same problem. I upload my photos from imgur and they don't appear here on B&B anymore....As to the folks who wonder why not just upload directly to B&B? The reason is because when I do that, the photo is not completely in focus; whereas using imgur, the photo posts clear.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yeh, I've been having the same problem. I upload my photos from imgur and they don't appear here on B&B anymore....As to the folks who wonder why not just upload directly to B&B? The reason is because when I do that, the photo is not completely in focus; whereas using imgur, the photo posts clear.

Not sure what kind of focus you are talking about. Or what kind you are after. But you can look at my Gallery here. Over 800 photos look pretty well in focus to me

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
They are not clear because you are not inserting it into the post.

If your just attach an image to a post without inserting it into the post, the image will appear blurred at the end of the post.

Insert the image into the post, preferably as a thumbnail, and your problems will be solved.

Here is an image that I have attached to this post and then inserted as a thumbnail into this post after this paragraph.

IMG_20210815_083846.jpg
I have also attached another image that I have not inserted into the post. You can see the difference below. Tap/click on this image below and will be displayed on your screen in focus.

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_074002.jpg
    IMG_20211204_074002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Take a look at Joel - 2,900 photos. Likely taken with a digital camera that would rival that of a NASA telescope. Look pretty darn good. Gotta be something on your end not making them in focus

They are not clear because you are not inserting it into the post.

If your just attach an image to a post without inserting it into the post, the image will appear blurred at the end of the post....
Ah so - I had been attaching the image. Yep, just tried it out per your instructions and it works fine. Thanks!

Top Bottom