What's new

Pictures from Imgur no longer showing up

Going back and looking at some of my recent postings that included pictures, a lot of my pictures from Imgur are no longer showing up. With that said, if I click "Reply" to one of the posts, the image will then show up, so the link doesn't appear to be lost. One odd thing is that not all the pictures are gone, so not sure why some are and some are not.

This seemed to have happened on the last day or two. I did just change my Avatar picture around the same time, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. My Avatar picture was pulled from my computer and not through Imgur.

Any thoughts?

An example
🇨🇦 🍁 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” DECEMBER 6th - DECEMBER 12th, 2021 🍁 🇨🇦 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sotd-canadian-theme-week-december-6th-december-12th-2021.617690/page-7#post-11567340

proxy.php

Razor: Wolfman WR2 .95 SB 🇨🇦
Blade: Lord, Platinum
Soap: Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti
Brush: Simpson, Duke 3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Every Man Jack, Natural Menthol-Signature Mint Face Lotion

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'll forward this on to the IT team.
There seems to have been a couple of guys who have been having issues with Imgur photos in the last couple of days.
I don't know if it is some issue with the url information or what, IT can look at it and see if it's here or there.
You can load pics directly here without going through an image site, that also avoids a potential repeat of the Photobucket fiasco that happened some time ago.

I'll forward this on to the IT team.
There seems to have been a couple of guys who have been having issues with Imgur photos in the last couple of days.
I don't know if it is some issue with the url information or what, IT can look at it and see if it's here or there.
You can load pics directly here without going through an image site, that also avoids a potential repeat of the Photobucket fiasco that happened some time ago.

Thanks for the reply, Phil.

One thing I noticed this afternoon is that after I posted my picture in the SOTD thread this morning, it showed up for a couple hours, but then it disappeared. Just mentioning it since this example is very fresh.
“SOTD - New Gear Theme Week” DECEMBER 13th - DECEMBER 19th, 2021 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sotd-new-gear-theme-week-december-13th-december-19th-2021.618010/page-8

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The IT genius is looking at it right now. He's tracking down what the cause is. Nobody better, so if it can be figured out, he's the guy that can do it.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks for the reply, Phil.

One thing I noticed this afternoon is that after I posted my picture in the SOTD thread this morning, it showed up for a couple hours, but then it disappeared. Just mentioning it since this example is very fresh.
“SOTD - New Gear Theme Week” DECEMBER 13th - DECEMBER 19th, 2021 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sotd-new-gear-theme-week-december-13th-december-19th-2021.618010/page-8
I had this happen as well. I cleared my cookies and cache and it solved it so far. It may be a good temporary solution til IT comes through.

I had this happen as well. I cleared my cookies and cache and it solved it so far. It may be a good temporary solution til IT comes through.

I had tried that earlier and it didn't help. Thanks for trying to help, though!

I noticed that the pictures posted by @sarimento1 are not showing up anymore either, and he posts a lot of them. I believe he uses Imgur, too.

Last edited:
I just had the same thing.
When clicking edit the images appeared but when saved they don't show up.
First time problem with Imgur. It seems the image is not lost just not showing up when posting.

I do have the same issue with adding pictures to my SOTD posts. I am using PostImage not Imgur but looks like the sane problem; picture is visible during editing the post, but after saving the picture is not visible.
Regards Marco

I do have the same issue with adding pictures to my SOTD posts. I am using PostImage not Imgur but looks like the sane problem; picture is visible during editing the post, but after saving the picture is not visible.
Regards Marco
Strange,
After writing the post above, I went back to the SOTD post causing problems.
All pictures linked in from PostImage are visible. Seems like a kind of delay during saving procces.
Marco

Why do you use an image hosting service when you can upload images directly to B&B?
To take them down if you ever change your mind. If you post directly, you don't have that option.

I forget, but it may have been easier a few years ago, before software updates etc to B&B. It also puts less strain on the server costs for the site if they are uploaded elsewhere and just linked here....or so I would imagine

Many of my older posts are postimage or similarly posted and not visible. All my current photos, I just upload directly.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
To take them down if you ever change your mind. If you post directly, you don't have that option.

I forget, but it may have been easier a few years ago, before software updates etc to B&B. It also puts less strain on the server costs for the site if they are uploaded elsewhere and just linked here....or so I would imagine

Many of my older posts are postimage or similarly posted and not visible. All my current photos, I just upload directly.
To be able to later delete an image, you can upload it to the B&B gallery and then insert a link from that gallery into your post. You always have the ability to delete your image from the B&B gallery (and thus your post).

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had the need to delete an image from one of my posts. If that ever happened, and it would be a very rare occurrence, you can report the post and ask a moddie to delete it for you. They have the power.

To be able to later delete an image, you can upload it to the B&B gallery and then insert a link from that gallery into your post. You always have the ability to delete your image from the B&B gallery (and thus your post).
Thank you. I didn’t know that. It could come in handy sometime.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had the need to delete an image from one of my posts. If that ever happened, and it would be a very rare occurrence, you can report the post and ask a moddie to delete it for you. They have the power.
Agreed

But uploading to your gallery when mobile or doing a quick post, can become a hassle.

Some people may store images online for ease of access across a variety of devices, multiple family users or multiple forums.

Thus, hosting on an external site may be easier. Especially if it's set up to auto upload or backup photos from your picture taking device (phone for most).

Again, I don't host my uploaded photos off site any longer and this is all just speculation. As well as me trying to remember why I used an external site 10y ago to post a photo of a shaving brush.

Yes, you can PM a mod to delete a photo as you said, they have the authority to do so. They also have the authority and discretion to decline the request if they feel so. All images uploaded to B&B, become theirs (I believe). This would all be based on the ability to access your account as well. There are circumstance you may not have access to your account at some point in the future.

Many of the old photos were uploaded when technology and privacy issues were not what they are today. A lot has changed in the past few years in terms of geotagging, metadata and all the other techno stuff I don't understand.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
FYI for anyone interested: Uploading photos to B&B is greatly preferred over embedding them from another website. Just imagine….threads like this wouldn’t exist if everyone simply uploaded directly to B&B’s gallery. Server costs and storage fees are not even a blip compared to the cost of paying someone hours and hours worth of time trying to figure out these issues.

I know for some of us less technologically skilled it might seem like a hassle to upload to B&B because you have to learn something new. But if you are already uploading your photos to Imgur, or Flickr, or whatever other photo hosting website then it is honestly no different here. It’s essentially the same process. Press the upload media button, select your media, then upload and save. If you can do it on any other website you can do it here.

And you don’t even have to upload them to the Gallery here. You can simply attach them to a post. I’m unsure how that process could be any easier.

That's good to know @Toothpick .

I stopped using offsite hosting sites, when they started closing down and you'd be stuck with figuring out where they were all posted etc.

Much easier to upload directly. The mobile app is a breeze too and way more user-friendly than Tapatalk uses to be.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think Flikr was the last photo site I used and that was….eons ago. 9/10 I simply attach The photos to threads here. But if I know the thread might be moved, like in the case of the annual auction threads, I will upload to the gallery. Attached images sometimes don’t travel well between forums.

FF0D0EAD-7023-42EA-A0D8-93CF214D329B.jpeg

FYI, within a minute I was able to type this out and attach a photo. Easy peasy

Top Bottom