What's new

Participation PIF - The Mysterious KAI Blades

Participation PIF - The Mysterious KAI Blades

Legend has it that a 1,000 years ago, a mystical meteor crashed to Earth into the Sea of Japan causing the Mighty Godzilla to rise from the murky depth of the ocean. Fishermen from a local island retrieved the meteor, delivering it to a renowned blacksmith, who extracted the finest of steels for its ore. Recognizing the amazing properties of this steel, the blacksmith thinned the metal into razor blades, and ground the sides to unrivaled yet smooth edges. Some time ago, a triumphant warlord transported the meteor to Seki City in the Gifu Province where generation after generation of blacksmiths still produce these Mysterious KAI Blades from the same meteor steel to this very day.

Everyone
who participates gets 5 Mysterious KAI Blades (which, according to the legend that I established just moments ago, are made from a 1,000 year old, mystical meteor)!!

KAI_Blades_1_Of_2.jpg

A Very Grateful Thank You to @AnimalCatcher who generously provided 200 of these Mysterious KAI Blades to be distributed to whoever would like to try them!!

So, I have enough Japanese Forged Mysterious KAI Blades for 39 B&B'ers (and yours truly) to have the opportunity to experience the far Eastern legend of these otherworldly, Mysterious KAI Blades...absolutely free'ish!! Since this is a Participation PIF, you'll need to actually USE one of the Blades and POST your experience in this thread!! You can talk about the razor that you've tried the blades in, any software involved, your shaving preparation and method, maybe include some shaving-related pictures, add witty banter, and any other kinds of stuff. Also, see how many shaves you can get from each blade.

(I myself have not tried these Mysterious KAI Blades before and am looking forward to discovering how these perform!! They've been on my Blades-To-Try-List for quite some time now!!)

The PIF Phase will begin NOW and run until I run out of blades or requests stop coming in or I wander off and get involved in something else.

The Participation Phase begins whenever you receive your lot of Mysterious KAI Blades!!

KAI_Blades_2_Of_2.jpg

This Participation PIF is open to any and all (International and CONUS B&B'ers). And that includes anyone, whether you shave with a Closed Comb, Open Comb, Slants, Double Edge or Single Edge, soap or cream, hot or cold water shavers, modern or vintage, or however different you'd like to be!!

However, there are certain rules that apply:
  • You must have 10 quality posts (if you don't have 10, get posting!!)
  • You're willing to post about your experiences in this thread
  • Have great fun trying these Japanese Forged Mysterious KAI Blades

IMPORTANT: Post "I'm In!!" or "Yes, please!!" or "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!!" or something to that nature, then please send me a PM with your name and complete mailing address (I'm in the US, so if you're international, please include your Country with your mailing address).

PLEASE NOTE: to keep the cost of postage to a reasonable level (and satisfy the USPS and International Post regulations), I need to remove the blades from their tucks; however, I will be including the flattened tuck with the blades.

Great blades with that extra bit of meteor edge. Those who like a more agressive blade will not be disappointed. Super combined with a mild razor. Works wonders in my broman.
Have fun!

@Grundi - I took part in the Vikings Blade PIF and appreciate your generosity. Thanks again for that. It was lots of fun!

I have a few tucks of KAI and I haven’t used a KAI blade in ages. Can I play along from home with my own blades and save you the shipping expense to Canada and allow another B&Ber to have a tuck?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You got any left? Just send me a couple my friend if you get more that want them. I'm too ADHD to trust with more anyway.

@Grundi - I took part in the Vikings Blade PIF and appreciate your generosity. Thanks again for that. It was lots of fun!

I have a few tucks of KAI and I haven’t used a KAI blade in ages. Can I play along from home with my own blades and save you the shipping expense to Canada and allow another B&Ber to have a tuck?
I'm loving these PIFs, too. Yes, please feel free to post along with everyone else. The Participation is the part that makes for a great PIF.

You got any left? Just send me a couple my friend if you get more that want them. I'm too ADHD to trust with more anyway.
We're just starting up, my friend, so I'll get some sent out to you. Though I will need a signed permission slip from the War Department that ok's you to have sharp objects.

Top Bottom