Muhle R41 Grande
Macca Root cream
Sagrada Familia
Alum
Shower
witchhazel w alcohol
Proraso AS
Arto of Shaving balm
I actually did 3 passes in the face had some stubble left over so did against in the neck (usually avoid due to irritation).
Head 2+ passes , no drama.

This was yet another great shave, now I only hope no irritation tomorrow.....it's feeling gooood right now.....before bed

6th shave this am with VIking Sword blade #3 in my pre-WW2 Tech. It was a smooth and close shave of 2-days growth. But efficiency had diminished enough that I called it quits with the blade at the end of the shave.

Blade #2 Shave #4 Fri 15th SOTD with New US$1 Brush
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue Ohhh so soft is the knot yet great for face lathering. The handle is so comfortable!
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable (setting 3-2.5-2)
Blade Viking's Sword 4th and last! So far just unable to push the blade past 4th use.
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Excellent lather from the soap. Creamy and slick with a scent I just love.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes and again except atg on the chin and lips area. Did not push it and as a result, was between dfs/ccs/sas without any nicks weepers nor irritation. WFH so don't require a perfect result. The main thing is no blood and irritation. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210115_093228.jpg

Today I used a new RazorRock Lupo (the OC/SB model)
Blade: Vikings Sword 1st use.
TOBs
Mighty midget mixed
Alum
Speick AS
Hyaluronic
Pre de Prov AB
I used the open comb on the right side of the face and the solid bar on the left. There is more blade feel on se SB.
3 pass shave, the solid bar side was closer. No cuts. With alum; there was a sting on both sides more on the SB side.

As a comparison and by pure coincidence, yesterday I shaved head and face with a Muhle R41 grande and the same blade but on the 4th use. R41 gave me a closer shave and was less irritating (by a lot).

RR 0.84 OC is way better than this new Lupo for me. I need to stop buying razors....wasted $$

Bade 5 use 2
Head shave
I only used the OC on the new Lupo
Macca root cream
RR 400
Vikings Blade #2
Tuff AS
Aqua Velva 5-1 AB
2+ passes, no drama. It's a very close shave, had some irritation on the scalp when using Alum.
This is more of an experiment on the razor and soap as the blade is now a known good item.

Vikings Blade 4 #face and head
RR 0.84 OC
SV
Sagrada Fam
Proraso red
AQ 5-1

2+ passes each, no issues, close shave , minimal irritation in the back of the head and chin.

I picked up the wrong shaver, wanted to use the new one w a Wizemant (1st use ever) but w no glasses I picked up the GC loaded w old Vikings.

I loaded a Viking Sword blade into a Gillette NEW yesterday and had a pretty bad shave. The results weren't close at all. It was my first use of that razor so I tried a different blade in it today and had much better results.

So for me, Viking and NEW are a bad combo. I moved the Sword into my favorite razor where I'll get a couple more shaves out of it.

Viking Blade #5 Shave #6
The blade is holding up fine for me. Got a nice close shave but the blade is slowing down some at stubble removal. I used the FOCS with PdP soap & it went fairly well. No nicks or irritation noted.! :thumbup1:

Vikings blade 4 use 6
Face Shave
MD
Commodeore 2
Rose tonic
Proraso red AS
AQ 5 in 1

Good close shave, I have to admit I do not like any Fatip bar razors, they tend to give me a mediocre shave with significan irritation.(I like OC) 2+ passes, had some irritation not too much, and shave was DFS, cheeks were good though......as good as any other shaver.
Blade going strong...

Blade 4 use 7
half head and half face
MDC
Commodore 2 best
Proraso green
Speick balm

2+ head and face
Used a Merkur 45 (bakelite red), it has significant blade feel. Shave was good, close, no blood , some irritation.

The other half was done w a Karve OC C with a Bic 3rd use, was similar results, maybe more irritation and 1 weeper.

vikings still going, might try some OC razor.....
Thanks again to Grundi for organizing this and for Space Cadet for providing the blades. Super cool- thx

Blade 4 use 8
Half head and face
Fatip OC slant
PAA Doupleganger
Omega Boar (biG)
witch/etoh/asa
AQvelva 5-1
Smooth shave, not the closest, but and OK shave
The other half started w another similar razor....w silver star blade....HORRIBLE, both blade and razor.... Finished w R41 Grande w Astra 2.
The side w R41 Astra is closer vs Vikings 8/Focs.(I think the difference is the razor?).

I am looking forward to KAI......and using Gillette razors..... forget about Fatip for a while.
Cheers

6th shave this am with VIking Sword blade #3 in my pre-WW2 Tech. It was a smooth and close shave of 2-days growth. But efficiency had diminished enough that I called it quits with the blade at the end of the shave.

4th shave this morning with Viking Sword blade #4 in the tuck, in a plain old 1970 US-made ball-end Tech. Soap was a Tabac stick, and brush was M&F with Blonde Badger knot.

This combination is just excellent. Tabac is very slick but less protective than some soaps. The razor/blade responded to the slick surface with an efficient and close but very smooth shave. Fewer passes needed than usual. Zero nicks or irritation and nice feeling on the skin post-shave. (Trumpers Skin Food as AS balm probably helped.) I could live with shaves this good pretty much forever.

We’ll see how I do as the blade ages. I may try a different soap or cream but only out of pure curiosity.

Used the Viking Sword blades in my Game changer .68 or Rockwell 6C on plate 3 the two razors I like to test blades with. Hot shower followed by lathering some Stirling Gin and Tonic in a bowel then face. First use was always fine but after that it seemed to get rough and by the third use they were done. I can use Gillette Silver Blue or Gillette Green for 3-5 shaves without a problem so will stick with them. Thanks go to Space Cadet for supplying the blades and Grundi for running this participation PIF and mailing the blades out.

Used the Viking Sword blades in my Game changer .68 or Rockwell 6C on plate 3 the two razors I like to test blades with. Hot shower followed by lathering some Stirling Gin and Tonic in a bowel then face. First use was always fine but after that it seemed to get rough and by the third use they were done. I can use Gillette Silver Blue or Gillette Green for 3-5 shaves without a problem so will stick with them. Thanks go to Space Cadet for supplying the blades and Grundi for running this participation PIF and mailing the blades out.
My whiskers seem to wear out blades faster than average, although I did get significant longevity from the Viking's Sword Blade. So I understand about noticing blade roughness before reaching the average shave count for blades.

Top Bottom